Color Schemer (Color Pix Free Utility)

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Color Schemer (Color Pix Free Utility)

Postby brenda11 » Tue May 24, 2011 9:04 am

I found a great little Color code utility that has helped me out, I now get the exact color I'm looking for on the first try, wish I found it years ago. Anyway just wanted to share this hope it helps.

ColorPix is a useful little color picker that grabs the pixel under your mouse and transforms it into a number of different color formats.

Best of all, there's nothing to install - just download the tiny app and off you go. So grab it now, it's FREE!

http://www.colorschemer.com/colorpix_info.php

Re: Color Schemer (Color Pix Free Utility)

Postby bonalymac » Tue May 24, 2011 2:04 pm

Always slightly dubious when a first post reccomends software!

We already have an eydrop colour picker inside Producer. Not sure, but I assume Gold is the same.
Colin

Postby brenda11 » Tue May 24, 2011 2:39 pm

What your saying is very true, but this one can actually get down to a specific pixel if necessary or required.
Sorry if I offended anyone I was only trying to help.

Don't worry I won't make the same mistake again.

Brenda

Postby cinderellen » Tue May 24, 2011 6:11 pm

Brenda,

I see that you just joined Enthusiasts. Don't be scared off. Everybody has a first post and you were trying to be helpful Nothing wrong with that. I happen to use a different free program that is at times more helpful to me than the eyedropper within Producer so I can see why you recommended one that works for you.

Welcome to the group and feel free to get involved! This is how we all learn.

Ellen

Valued Member

Postby Pat » Wed May 25, 2011 1:59 am

It's a wonderful little program. One that I've used for years. Thanks for posting...

Valued Member

Postby quikchip » Wed May 25, 2011 8:25 am

Thanks for the tip ... looks like great addition to tool box!

Postby brenda11 » Wed May 25, 2011 10:48 am

Ellen & Everyone:

Thank you all very much for your kind words. Ellen, you hit the nail on the head with "being scared away"
It's taken me 4 years to finally reach out here only to I wish hadn't.

Being a newbie I thought it best to keep my post short and sweet.

But one of the really cool things you can do with this gizmo is use it on top of videos.

For instance your watching a YouTube or Photodex shared video and you see a color scheme or color you would like to use in one of your projects.

This utility does just that...it gives you the exact color right then and there so no more guessing or getting it approx.

Anyway I thought it was really useful and worth checking out, I hope someone else will benefit from it.

Thanks again for all your kind words they did help.

Brenda

Postby dickmr » Sat May 28, 2011 6:04 am

I like using this little program. Its an executable file and it is easily used outside of ProShow to gather information
on a color. Great idea!

Postby sweet_pea » Sat May 28, 2011 4:52 pm

Thanks so much for sharing. Please don't be scared away by someone. There are soooo many very talented and supportive people here. :D

Postby trulytango » Sun May 29, 2011 1:04 am

Thank you, Brenda.

That's a neat little utility... I am currently working on a set of effects within another program, which involves setting the colour of lighting from several different points, this little tool will speed up the process no end! :D

Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby im42n8 » Sun May 29, 2011 5:45 am

Brenda,

While I haven't used this little program for Photodex shows (yet), I've used a similar program called ColorWheel. What's nice about these little programs is that for people who are color challenged (like me), the little eyedropper feature in ProShow doesn't do it if you want colors for your background or whatever that are complementary. The eyedropper only give you a color you sample of a color INSIDE ProShow only. I went and downloaded this little gem first thing when I saw the link. These things aren't easy to find! When you sample with these programs you get a wide variety of colors you can use and which will be compatible to the color of your source.

There's nothing wrong with trying to help, that's for sure. I'll bet a bunch of people went out (like I did) and downloaded that little jewel w/o batting an eye. Don't be shy. We need more people to comment, add help, or whatever (lots of looky-loos and few participants!).

Welcome to the group!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby tdew » Sun May 29, 2011 6:52 am

I downloaded it too and thank Brenda for telling us about it, but it's not a bad idea to be a little suspicious when a new person posts a link to a program. There ARE some people out there who get a kick out of doing such things...

Esteemed Member

Postby quetzal » Tue May 31, 2011 7:15 am

Hi Brenda,
Many thanks for the ColorPix. Very usefull. quetzal :)

Postby duglas50 » Tue May 31, 2011 8:40 pm

I've been using Colorcop for several years. These little exe programs come in very handy for picking background colors and such. Wouldn't be without one.

Doug
Family Heritage Photography
http://www.familyheritagephotography.com
    Producer 5.0, Photoshop Elements 14, Lightroom 6, Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Topaz Adjust, Portrait Professional, On1 Photo 10, ImgBurn, Audacity, Nikon D7200, D5000

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications