What do I export Proshow as to add chapt points in DVDA?

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

What do I export Proshow as to add chapt points in DVDA?

Postby Carloscda40 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:42 am

As the title states what would I export my show as, ISO, EXE etc.. to DVD Architect to add chapters? I did it awhile ago but I can't remember how I went about it?

Thanks in advanced!

Re: What do I export Proshow as to add chapt points in DVDA?

Postby xekester » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:05 pm

Not sure how you might have done this previously, but I use the Producer produced mpg file. I take the mpg file into Vegas Movie Studio and create the chapter markers there. When you create the output for DVDA, you can have DVDA use the chapter markers from VMS.

Is that what you're trying to do?

Xekester

Postby Carloscda40 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:45 pm

Yes that's exactly what I'm trying to do thank you.

Postby im42n8 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:37 am

I use either MPG or AVI as my exported file. If I'm not going to edit the show any more than put chapter points in then it's typically just an MPG. I'm exporting to DVD Encore for my authoring program.

You won't ever be able to edit an EXE or an ISO. The EXE is a container for the PX file (complete with the machinery to let it play on a windows-based machine). The ISO file is a video container for the CD/DVD (complete with the tools that allow it to play on a DVD player).

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications