Lightworks Open Source Video Editor

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
ProShow Hall of Fame

Lightworks Open Source Video Editor

Postby briancbb » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:35 am

I have just been given a link to this site. Unfortunately I am not a 'video maker' or 'editor' so I do not know how useful it is, but someone may be interested.

If you are seriously interested in video editing read on, but you should probably leave now if you prefer to keep things simple. Welcome to Lightworks, it’s a free Open Source editing application, now available in Beta form for you to try but be warned, it’s a proper high-end jobbie, capable of professional results, so there’s a bit of a learning curve involved. It’s worth the effort, though, and the accumulated knowledge and wisdom of an award winning editor who has been in the biz for over 20 years has been poured into the program. There’s all the basics, of course, for trimming scenes and managing media but it also goes into areas like multiple secondary colour correction, source/record three-point editing, replace, fit to fill, backfill, extend and split edits, single-click timeline re-sync, and matchframe for clips and subclips. If, like us you’re glazing over, it’s probably wise to stick with one of the more basic offerings, on the other hand, if you’re up for a challenge and want to learn how to do it properly you should definitely take a look.

http://www.lightworksbeta.com/
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications