Problems with CaptionsAlivePro

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Re: Problems with CaptionsAlivePro

Postby VidQueen » Fri May 13, 2011 8:26 am

Dave,

Understood, but in my case (and probably most others), we're just using these as a black and white masks. There's really no reason to worry about massive amounts of image quality loss in a black and white mask file :D The edges of my final script writing from WMVs is crisp and clean!

Jennifer

Postby Dave Fitzpatrick » Fri May 13, 2011 8:51 am

I certainly would not argue if the HLP or CAP output was used as a B&W mask. But, it someone uses an actual background in the program, they can pay an IQ penalty by double compression. Personally, I seldom do anything but B&W masking with either program. Now, with VSP, that's a different story since I almost always have a primary image and very frequently a background image.

BTW, if you build a library of HLP and CAP video files to use repeatedly as B&W masks in Producer, you can simply zip the AVI to save disk space. It will compress down immensely. Then you can just unzip it and use it when you want it. It will fully restore to the uncompressed AVI ginormous file.

Dave
Dave

The camera sees things the way they are. Photoshop makes them the way we'd like them to be.

http://www.mediadigitronics.com

Postby VidQueen » Fri May 13, 2011 9:03 am

Absolutely. If I was using an image file under the script (say I was using Gold and didn't have masking capability) I would keep the high quality AVI instead :D

(Using it in my Annual graduation video as we speak....writing out 94 names is a pain, but it sure does look awesome!!

Jennifer

Postby Dave Fitzpatrick » Fri May 13, 2011 9:08 am

So you're graduating, huh, Jennifer? I always thought you looked like a teenager from your photo :-)
Dave

The camera sees things the way they are. Photoshop makes them the way we'd like them to be.

http://www.mediadigitronics.com

Postby VidQueen » Fri May 13, 2011 9:15 am

Dave Fitzpatrick wrote:So you're graduating, huh, Jennifer? I always thought you looked like a teenager from your photo :-)

Ha Ha... :D

Pushing 40 now, thank you very much 8)

Previous

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications