BluffTitler 8.2 Released Bixpack 1 Announced

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

BluffTitler 8.2 Released Bixpack 1 Announced

Postby heckydog » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:12 am

The newest version of BT was released today. Free for current users of the Pro version.

Also announced was something new called Bixpacks. The first one consists of 30 templates covering sports, game shows, etc. A lot of it may not be of interest to the average user but you never know. Maybe future Bixpacks will cover themes that are more useful. It's one way to get true 3D effects into your shows.

http://www.outerspace-software.com/bixpack/

Approximately €30, $35-$40 USD maybe :roll:

Joe

Re: BluffTitler 8.2 Released Bixpack 1 Announced

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:10 am

Joe, I'm totally confused about the BluffTitler upgrades. I'm still with BluffTitler DX9 vers. 7.6.5 and can't figure out if this is a Pro version or some sort of standard version. Furthermore, I can't even figure out if there are any upgrades available to me at all. Did they change their policy and are they now charging for upgrades?

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby heckydog » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:40 am

When they went from version 7.xxx to version 8.xxx they split BT into 3 different versions. The one for TV doesn't concern us but they made a free version that would let you use pre-made effects but you couldn't edit them. The Pro version basically had the same editing abilities as 7.xxx but with a whole bunch of new features added. So they charged for that upgrade and I understand totally why they did that.

Your version still works perfectly well but there won't ever be any updates to it. I upgraded to v8 and all updates since that one have been free so far. Last year they hinted at several new things coming and it appears the BixPack is one of them but there's something else still in the works.

I use BT less these days than I used to because they seem to be gravitating more towards all this glitzy razzle dazzle stuff and they're pushing for people to buy pre-made effects. Like this goofy stuff you see all the time on sports and news casts. Nobody can just transition from one segment to another anymore :lol: They have to have flying logos and snazzy music, and chrome this and sparkly that !! It adds nothing to the content of the show and it's not anything we average PSP users would use.

In all probability you would not gain much by upgrading to v8 Pro.

Joe

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:48 am

Thanks, Joe. The information you gave is exactly what I needed to have because, like you, I'm uninterested in razzle-dazzle. I'll stick with what I have, particularly since, like you, I don't use BT all that much these days. All this said, I ought to compare my version 7 with the other versions of 7 because I missed a number of updates to it.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications