help importing actions

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

help importing actions

Postby emdara » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:53 am

Hi everyone, could anyone help. I recently bought and downloaded >puzzle slideshow< but when i followed what it said in the tutorial i could not load the action files into elements 5. Because i am quite new to producer 4.5 i don't now wat to do at all. Can anybody advise me.
I have windows 7 ultimate, elements 5. and producer 4.5
Thank you. Barry

Re: help importing actions

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:53 am

Welcome !! Where did you get the "puzzle slideshow" ? They should be able to help - I'm not sure that Elements supports actions like that (especially that old). I have the full Photoshop and actions work find (when I can figure out what I'm doing), but I'm not sure about an older version of Elements. There are a number of ways of doing a puzzle effect (but they all start with managing to chop an image up into "puzzle pieces" with transparent backgrounds). There are a number of puzzle threads here (as well as quite a few "puzzling threads" :lol: ).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby trulytango » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:23 am

Elements doesn't directly support actions. There are workarounds but they sound as though they might be beyond the average Elements user... just Google 'Photoshop Emements 5 + Actions' for more info.
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby emdara » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:25 am

thank you

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications