Morpheus Photo Morpher v3.15 Professional

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Esteemed Member

Morpheus Photo Morpher v3.15 Professional

Postby Robino » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:00 pm

Has anyone used this software? I bought it trying to morph my son's years of life and I feel like I was ripped-off. When I render the avi format it is very poor quality... wish I would have used the $60 on something else. Let me know if anyone has had any success with this program.

Frustrated - Robin :cry:

Re: Morpheus Photo Morpher v3.15 Professional

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:16 pm

I have not used it, but in looking at their FAQ page, they indicate that
# Compressed AVI: Use any installed Windows DirectShow or Video for Windows Codec to compress your movies for smaller files.
# Uncompressed AVI: Perfect quality movie, very large, good for importing into movie editing software such as Adobe Premiere.

What format were you trying and what settings were you using ? Assuming it can handle full screen size, an uncompressed avi, while huge, should look pretty good if you can handle it.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby heckydog » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:34 pm

Have not used Morpheus but have used Fantamorph for a number of years with quite a bit of success. Three different versions available. Info can be found here, http://www.fantamorph.com/price.htm

Made this a while back. I don't do a lot of morphing but when I do I find Fanta to be very capable software.

Joe

Esteemed Member

Postby Robino » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:53 pm

Thanks Heckydog - that looked very smooth and what I am looking for.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:43 am

I think your Fantamorph show is very convincing. Blurring the background enhanced the effect.
Reference Morpheus, I think that Mickey is pointing you in the right direction.

pd
regards.
pd

Esteemed Member

Postby Robino » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:51 am

Mikey,

This is my first attempt, I will have to clean it up a bit but thanks for the advice to render in uncompressed AVI.

[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/18430752[/vimeo]

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:16 am

Looks pretty good although I was not in full screen mode. The reason I asked about the settings is that often times people will not pay close attention and the default settings are something like 320*240 or something. They then render that and insert it into a normal resolution video and are NOT happy with how it looks. I use uncompressed when I go from Producer into Sony Vegas for my video stuff, but it can sure take up some disk space until you are done ! Make sure the resolution settings (and frame rate) match the rest of your project when you render from any outside app like this.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby gsmcl0964 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:04 am

Robino wrote:Mikey,

This is my first attempt, I will have to clean it up a bit but thanks for the advice to render in uncompressed AVI.

[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/18430752[/vimeo]

I thought this was well done. As you "clean it up" you might want to fix up the source photo images a bit, and maybe slow the morphs down a tad. But, these are minor tweaks. Again, your morph video is good as is.

I downloaded and tried to figure out Morpheous about 18 months ago. I don't recall why, but I got frustrated with it. Then I downloaded the trail version of Fantamorph 4.0, and subsequently bought Fantamorph. Version 5 looks like a pretty good upgrade, although I haven't used version 5.0, yet.

As Mikey advised, I too have had better looking/working results working with uncompressed files, when integrating morph videos into Producer. For me, some of the compression codecs you can choose in Fantamorph seemed to be incompatible with Producer.

Postby tdew » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:32 am

Morphing school pictures is something I've had in the back of my mind as something I'd like to try sometime.
I love the way you can see how a child grows. Thanks

Postby heckydog » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:19 am

tdew wrote:Morphing school pictures is something I've had in the back of my mind as something I'd like to try sometime.
I love the way you can see how a child grows. Thanks

I did NOT make the video linked below. I saw it on another forum 3-4 years ago and was so impressed by how the fellow did it that I asked him for a copy. It wasn't completed at the time so it ends with a black screen while the music plays. I added some masks at the end to cover the school name and location, just in case. The parents did sign release forms.

Breakaway 37MB, about 3-1/2 minutes, wmv, nothing offensive.

A lot of work went into it and I too would love to attempt something like this some day. The morphing starts at around 42 seconds if you're in a hurry. :wink:

Joe

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications