Topaz ReMask3

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Topaz ReMask3

Postby dcbyrne » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:19 pm

Before I make this purchase, I would like to know from owners if Topaz ReMask 3 is worth the money? The program sells for $50,00 until January 1, 2011. Reduced from $70.00. Thanks in advance for any information.

Re: Topaz ReMask3

Postby jimalee » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:44 pm

No remask tool will do everything, but I have used most of them and I feel that Remask 3 is the best one out there. There is a little bit of a learning curve, but watch the online tutorials as they are quite good. And by watching them, you can see what is possible.
Download the free trial and watch the videos and see what you think. Well worth the $50 in my mind.
ProShow Producer 4.5
Photoshop CS5
Lightroom 3.0

Nature Photography Website: http://www.leapinglodge.com

Postby dcbyrne » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:00 pm

I thank you for the information, and fast reply.

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:56 pm

I have Remask3 and while I have not used it a lot, what little I have experimented with, I like. It does a pretty good job (watch their tutorial on it). Something like a tree is a pain, but it would be tough for most things.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby dcbyrne » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:42 pm

Thanks Mikey, I was thinking of asking you if you knew anything about this program just as I was opening this link. I think I will make the purchase. If I don't like it, will Jan give me a refund if I tell you you made me do it????

Douglas

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:58 pm

No problem - she is used to it being my fault :lol:

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Postby bob walden » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Mikey, you help has always worked for me in the past. This time it's really important. Can you tell me how you manage to get the head of your household to let you buy everything you want? It seems every time someone has a question about a product you have it!! Is there a tutorial available on how to do that? Just getting a purchase order for ink for my printer requires written justification!! Not to mention numerous additional household tasks!! I need real help!

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:14 pm

Yeah, it can be tough. The trick is to explain it along the lines of the hobby is keeping your out of trouble (that you could be getting into if you didn't have this to work on). Years ago, I learned the trick to getting more time on the computer without her getting upset - when she is puttering around working on something, keep bugging her. A quick grope etc works wonders - either you get what you started, or she tells you to go "play with your computer" or something. Either way is great :twisted: Besides, when I screwed my back up a few months back and spent most of the time in the living room, I was able to get some great shots of the various birds around here. Kept sending them to work which she forwards on to her friends. They think they are great and she likes the feedback thereby justifying (sort of) my camera and telephoto lens (although I have not figured out how to get the 400mm F4 past her yet :evil: )

mikey

Postby dcbyrne » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:27 pm

I would bet it will not take you very long.. One day soon, you will send me a closeup photo of some critter where I'll be able to count the teeth in it's mouth. I'm sure of that.

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Marmot up at Mt. Rainier complaining about room service - count the teeth :D

mikey

Postby dcbyrne » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:51 pm

I knew it, I knew it. But, I think this was taken with your 70x300???? Right or Wrong?

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:28 pm

Yep - my 70-300 (equiv of about 110-450 on a DX frame) pretty much at full zoom. Feisty little bugger - got more when we were up there in 2010, but none screaming like that showing his teeth (although there was a little guy there too). :lol:

mikey

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications