audio extraction

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Esteemed Member

audio extraction

Postby reptep » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:30 pm

I have a question for y'all
Is there a way to take a movie clip and extract the audio portion of it and put only the audio portion into PSP audio track? I have a video and audio editor. But can't seem to figure out how to save only the audio. There's really no help on some of these programs that you get online and I really don't want to invest in anything expensive editor as I don't use them that much.

What I want is to be abled to do is the audio portion of the clip and insert as a soundtrack into PSP so I can string it along over several slides.

Part of this show I am working on has a section of about 15 slides. And I want the audio portion to extend over those 15slides. I can put the audio/video into a slide and turn the opacity of e the video down to 0 but it will only be on one slide. And I REALLY don't want to have to keyframe 15 pictures. '

Any ideas/suggestions would be most welcome

Thank you
Todd

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: audio extraction

Postby Studio7Productions » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:41 pm

If you have a audio editor that can record, you can record the audio as you play the video.

Open up your show, along with your audio editor, and set audio editor to record, then play video.....

you will need to set the source of the recording in your audio manager, to 'Stereo Mix' which means it will record any sounds that are played out of and into the pc.....

To locate your audio source......double click on your little speaker icon in the task bar (Near The Clock) when it opens, choose properties, then recording......this will bring up your recording control panel, you need to select (Checkbox) the stereo mix chanell, but do not have the volume set to high....1 notch from the bottom is normally enough.

Once you have recorded your audio, save it to your own location as MP3 File.... then you can import as audio into PSP...

Mel
PSP v 5: Adobe CS5 Extended:Sony Soundforge Pro 10: Canon 50D: Canon EOS 1000D: Nikon D40:

" Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. "
Sir Winston Churchill

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Mel
Ok now I'm getting excited. So to clarify the iniital set, I pull the video clip INTO PSP and run from there but my audio editor will record the audio from PSP?

Postby mizdoc » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:11 pm

reptep wrote:I have a question for y'all
Is there a way to take a movie clip and extract the audio portion of it and put only the audio portion into PSP audio track? I have a video and audio editor. But can't seem to figure out how to save only the audio. There's really no help on some of these programs that you get online and I really don't want to invest in anything expensive editor as I don't use them that much.

What I want is to be abled to do is the audio portion of the clip and insert as a soundtrack into PSP so I can string it along over several slides.

Part of this show I am working on has a section of about 15 slides. And I want the audio portion to extend over those 15slides. I can put the audio/video into a slide and turn the opacity of e the video down to 0 but it will only be on one slide. And I REALLY don't want to have to keyframe 15 pictures. '

Any ideas/suggestions would be most welcome

Thank you
Todd

Format Factory will do this for you. It's free. Very easy to use. Just go to formatfactory.com and download it

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:27 pm

OMG. That is exactly what I needed. I use format factory for converting other things but did not know it would work this way. If I did it right, I took the video I had and converted that into an MP# file. Then added that to my show and it stretches over several slides. Is that how I am suppose to do it? I mean it worked but...just checkingt that I shld take the enitre video and convert to MP#?

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications