Video Capture Hardware

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Video Capture Hardware

Postby GEQ » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:57 pm

Just getting into working with video and PSP, any recomendations or horror stories which hardware to purchase or avoid.

Thanks

Glen

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Video Capture Hardware

Postby VernonRobinson » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:23 pm

I am assuming that you want to capture things like video from your old VHS tapes. There are two solution that work well. One is called Dazzle DV Bridge. it is low cost. Can be found at almost any electronics store in the U.S. (e.g. Best Buy). It works well enough on tapes that have not degraded. If your tapes are partially degraded (e.g. skips, snow, etc.) then I would recommend that you go with a more expensive solution Canopus ADVC-300. It is significantly more expensive than the Dazzle, but it will help you maintain your timing on a degraded tape, it also will do some color correction/signal processing on the fly.

If you can afford it, I would get the Canopus. Hands down it is about the best on the market.

HTH,
-Vernon

Re: Video Capture Hardware

Postby GEQ » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:06 pm

Thanks for your reply and recomendations. I'll check out the quaility of the tapes I want to transfer and go from there. Appreciate the input.

Best Regards,

Glen

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications