What Video Editor to Install?

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

What Video Editor to Install?

Postby kayone » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:28 am

I would like to take the plunge and install a video editor in my Producer program.

Would like a free or low cost, easy to use. What do you use that you would recommend?

Vic Ouellette :lol:

Re: What Video Editor to Install?

Postby nancyrbogen » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:54 am

Vic, I'm assuming you mean, list as your video editor. I've used both Windows Movie Maker and Premiere. WMM is surprisingly easy to use, but Premiere has a whole bunch of controls and effects that WMM does not have. WMM is free, whereas Premiere is not, unless you have one of the Adobe suites. If you're just into it, I'd start with WMM and then move on to Premiere.

Lynda.com has good tutorials for both, and there are oodles of freebees for Premiere if you have it and go to Help.

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:50 pm

I use Sony Vegas (or Vegas Movie Studio is the inexpensive version). You can download and try both Premiere and Sony Vegas Movie Studio - see which one "floats your boat". Both have a significant learning curve, but that is true of anything that has some power. You can try Sony Vegas Movie Studio from:
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/moviestudiohd
I would assume Adobe Premiere has the same sort of deal.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Valued Member

Postby Osgood » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:37 am

Corel Video Studio Pro X3 is an easy video editing program to learn, has some excellent templates, audio tracks, effects and is inexpensive. There is a trial version available on the Corel site.

I also use Sony Vegas Pro 9, but it's a little more pricey!
"Don't try to teach pigs to sing. It wastes your time, and annoys the pig."

Osgood.

Postby sbuckel » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:14 am

There is a free one called VirtualDub that works very well. The link to it and the support area: http://www.virtualdub.org/

Scott

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications