Portrait Professional 9

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Portrait Professional 9

Postby duglas50 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:03 pm

For all you portrait photographers Portrait Professional 9 is available for 1/2 price ($49.95) thru August and if you buy today you get a free upgrade to v.10 when available. Purchased mine today. http://www.portraitprofessional.com/

Doug
Family Heritage Photography
http://www.familyheritagephotography.com
    Producer 5.0, Photoshop Elements 14, Lightroom 6, Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Topaz Adjust, Portrait Professional, On1 Photo 10, ImgBurn, Audacity, Nikon D7200, D5000

Esteemed Member

Re: Portrait Professional 9

Postby tjdowning » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:59 pm

Downloaded the trial version...VERY COOL! For the trial didn't allow saving my photo that I had played around with, so curious how it would look after my editing. Have you used before and if so do you like it?
-Terri

Postby duglas50 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:32 pm

Terri,
Unfortunately the trial version doesn't let you print. I just purchased it and haven't had a chance to use it much yet but so far I am very impressed with the results and it is extremely user friendly.

Doug
    Producer 5.0, Photoshop Elements 14, Lightroom 6, Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Topaz Adjust, Portrait Professional, On1 Photo 10, ImgBurn, Audacity, Nikon D7200, D5000

Esteemed Member

Postby moehler » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:53 am

Doug:

Did you get the stand-alone version of the full version that provides the photoshop plugin, too?

Postby duglas50 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:56 am

I bought the stand alone version. I bought it when they were offering a free upgrade to version 10 when it's available so I hope it will include a photo shop plug-in. It's a long shot but I can live with it either way.

Doug

Esteemed Member

Postby moehler » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:20 am

I've downloaded it have tried it a bit. It is really cool. I don't think I like the skin softening as well as something like Nik Color Efex Pro or Portraiture, it does a pretty wild job with other tweaks.

Postby gsmcl0964 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:46 am

I spent a bit of time with the trial and I too liked the software. I agree with moehler about the skin softening not being as impressive as other features.

I recieved a coupon from the developer, when I provided them with an email address. This coupon saved me an additional 10%/$5 off the half price special that runs to the end of the this month. The coupon code I used was: SPEC99. I do not know if this coupon code is single use or how long it is valid for. Cheers.

Postby tomdavis » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:44 pm

Oh, let me get in here and add my two cents worth. (ha)
I have been working with Portrait Professional Max V6 since 2008 and find it is a very user friendly program. I was hesitant about spending $99.95 then for the software bu did get a 10 percent off via Popular Photography offer coupon in their magazine.

Several things you can do with re-touching in Photoshop but I do not have the extra bucks to lay out so I did a lot of reading in my Photo magazines and web pages. I decided to go through with the purchase and I have been happy ever since. The staff at Portrait Professional are always on hand if you need them (I have not) and they keep you updated on their product.

Nik is a plug-in software used with Nikon Capture and they have some nice plug-ins. All in all, the producers and programmers know what they are doing and offer you a nice user friendly product.

NOTE: If you are particular and a perfectionist you really should get yourself a color calibrator for your monitor. However, I have had no problems with end results printing. I take all of my photo's now to places where they have the several thousand dollar color printers and do not rely on a home photo printer.

Last comment: Several of my Poretrait Professional processed pictures are put in nice large frames and displayed in our daughters home and her families homes. After you process several pictures you will not be satisfied with point and shoot portrait processed pictures but will go that extra mile and purchase nice frames from framing companies and give the finished project away as gifts to family and friends.

I am not a salesperson for this company JUST A SATISFIED CUSTOMER!!!A

Tom

Postby Barkingmad » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:48 am

Thanks for posting! I have only just seen this, and was thrilled to find that the special is still on so was able to purchase at the sale price :)
regards Shaz
Shaz BMad
"Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not yet understood." Henry Mille

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications