Sound Effects "for a Song"

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Sound Effects "for a Song"

Postby nancyrbogen » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:00 pm

I’m a new kid on the block, and I’d like to offer some information that may be useful to the membership. I’ve searched this site and don’t find any mention of it, but if I’ve goofed, please forgive.

In Soundbooth CS5, there are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of sound effects there for the grabbing, everything from oodles of bird calls and whistles to fire engines and you name it. You get to the collection by hitting <Resource Central> (third item from the right under the menus) and then <Sound Effects>.

It’ll be like eating popcorn, let me tell you.

Best,
Nancy

Re: Sound Effects "for a Song"

Postby Ron » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:29 am

Hi Nancy
First I like to welcome you the the group, I'm sure you'll find a wealth of info in the archives and a bunch of friendlys regarding posts.
Thanks for the heads up with the sound clips. I hardly used Soundbooth - and I've never used it for Producer Shows. Audacity is more user friendly for my Producer needs. But I do like to add sound bytes at some time or another.
My question is how to get the clips from Soundbooth to Producer? I wasn't able to figure that out.
Thanks Ron
PS: Your absolutely right it looks like well over a thousand, maybe 3 thou, sound clips !!!!!!!!! Nicely categorized too.
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Postby nancyrbogen » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:39 am

Thanks for the welcome, Richichi, and that's a good Q. Mind you, I haven't yet done it myself, but I imagine that you just drag a clip into your Proshow sound track the way you could do music and then place it where you want it to be in relation to your slides.

Soundbooth is so easy to use. I showed the sound effects to a guy in his late 80s and then showed him how to drag them into Soundbooth's wave section and make all kinds of interesting conglomerations, like fire engines and wolves :).

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:06 pm

Bummer - I have Adobe Audition (the predecessor to SoundBooth sort of) and it does not have the link to get to the "Resource Central" (and Photoshop CS5 does not seem to have it either). Sounds like a good source of clips !

Welcome to the group!!

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications