Proshow plugin for Lightroom

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Proshow plugin for Lightroom

Postby Pauljb » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:43 pm

I have recently upgraded Adobe Lightroom to version 3 & have found that the proshow plugin no longer works, with Lightroom displaying an error message.
Has any other member had this problem?

Re: Proshow plugin for Lightroom

Postby gwbuchanan » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:06 am

I have experienced the same problem. The advise I got was contact Adobe. Navigating their site is a pain.

Postby im42n8 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:28 pm

Photodex will probably update the Lightroom plugin sometime in the near future. They're aware of the disconnect with LR 3...

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby ejhunt » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:22 pm

According to Photodex, they are working on this, but we should put pressure on them to expedite the upgraded plugin.

Postby PhotoBob » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:30 am

Ej, as you will find out, putting pressure on Photodex to get them to just rush something out to make people happy is just not their way. I am glad that they will thoroughly test the upgraded plugin to make sure that when it does come out it will work properly. If they rush through getting it out, would you promise not to complain if there is a problem with it and it does not work correctly? No. Be patient, they will come out with it, in the mean time, if you have version 2.7 of Lightroom, continue to use that version till they come out with a properly working plugin upgrade :wink: .
Producer V5, PS CS6, Lightroom 5, Olympus OMD E-M5
BS Ed Indiana State university, MS Ed Indiana University

Postby ianbutty » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:20 am

I wouldn't assume that Photodex are working on this.... when I reported it to them (before looking here) this was the answer I got back:

Hi Ian,
Thanks for contacting Photodex!

The Lightroom plug-in is not compatible with Lgithroom Version 3. I do not have any information on when or if an update will be available at this time. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Best regards,

This is a very disappointing response. No information *IF* an update will be available. I had the same error that the proshow plug-in produces in a plug-in I'd written for lightroom. Took me about 15mins to sort it. It is caused by a call to a function that is no longer available in the Lightroom 3 SDK - there is a replacement function - the fix should be a search and replace exercise. It really isn't a big job.

Postby PhotoBob » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:09 pm

Ian
I read what you received, but all that the person told you was that the person you were communicating with was not aware of anything being done on that plugin at this time. That person does not state that there is nothing GOING to be done, all that I read there was that person is not AWARE of anything being done. I have communicated with another person from Producer and that person has stated that they are aware of the problem and that it is just a matter of time before that problem will be addressed.
Producer V5, PS CS6, Lightroom 5, Olympus OMD E-M5
BS Ed Indiana State university, MS Ed Indiana University

Postby Pauljb » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:37 am

As stated elsewhere on this forum Photodex have now updated the export plugin which now works with Lightroom 3

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications