Corel Video Studio Pro X3 Updates

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
lahazard

Corel Video Studio Pro X3 Updates

Postby lahazard » Mon May 24, 2010 5:53 am

Seeing as Corel is not all that into publicly making sure everyone using their products knows that updates are available, I thought I would give folks who use Video Studio Pro X3 the heads-up that you can now get the Help file as a down-loadable PDF file by going to ......

http://corel.custhelp.com/app/answers/d ... _id/764421

Links for both Video Studio and Paint Shop Pro pdf help files are there.

And then you can go to...

http://corel.custhelp.com/app/answers/d ... D%3D/sno/0

And download the three latest updates for Video Studio Pro X3.

If your current version is 13.0.0.272 you need to apply the patch, as well as download and apply the other updates there as well.

Here is the info on what is provided via this service pack update...

Most prominent among the new capabilities introduced in this service pack are:

· New! High Speed Color Correction - New multicore- and GPU-optimized color correction tools provides VideoStudio Pro X3 with a new engine that adjusts and enhances color in real time.

· New! Advanced DVD Authoring with DVD MovieFactory™ Pro 7 SE - DVD MovieFactory™ 7 SE provides a more advanced DVD Authoring solution for those seeking a step up from DVD Factory Pro 2010.

· Updated Content and Extras: SP1 provides users with all fonts, templates and other extra content provided to date through Corel Guide

· Updated Camera Support - Broadened MPEG4 capabilities adds support for additional cameras including selected cameras from Flip, Canon and more

· Enhanced stability, performance and bug fixes

Other fixes and enhancements include:

· Updated online and local help

· "Create Disc" integration when DVD MovieFactory 7 SE is installed

· Improve AVCHD (H.264) hardware and software encode quality

· Fix for NewBlue filter preset extension name error

· Fix for DivX file import and conversion problems

· Improved AVI, 3GP, MOV and MP4 file compatibility

· Enhanced "Save to trimmed video" for H.264 format

· Fix for "Two pass encode" quality problem

· Addition of new "Mute" feature in Instant project

· Enhanced Vimeo sharing workflow, including authentication-free uploading

· Fix to allow import of digital media to specified library folders

· Fix for ripple editing bug (enabling ripple editing no longer causes disappearance of audio track video)

· Enhanced audio performance, including fix for audio noise issues experienced in some songs

· Update to new database engine to fix compatibility issues with PaintShop Photo Pro X3.

· Vimeo 'Tab' key no longer loses focus when clicked

· Fix for sporadic crashes within certain NewBlue effect scenarios

· Improved performance of drag and drop SmartSound audio on audio track

· Addition of "simple DVD template"

· Quality improvements with CUDA performance - MPEG SD to H.264 AVCHD 1920

· Improved AVCHD to BD H.264(re-render)

· Improved DXVA (hardware) rendering quality

· Fix for project playback of audio in MOV file

· Fix for import of specific mp4 files (Ultra HD)

· Enhanced AVCHD to DVD "2 pass encode" quality

· Fix for sporadic crash when playing back certain VIS files

· Fix for occasional video import problem where only audio would be imported

· Improved compatibility when importing 3G2 files

· Improved compatibility when importing certain mp4 files

· Fixed the NewBlue extension name of preset showing random code

Hope this helps someone...

Louis

P.S. If for some reason the above links do not work for you, or you would rather not use the above links for any reason, go to...

http://corel.custhelp.com/app/home

In the Find Answers box select VideoStudio, then hit the search button and you will be taken to a screen where the links are provided for the User Guide and Service Pack 1 update.

Re: Corel Video Studio Pro X3 Updates

Postby Astra » Mon May 24, 2010 6:08 am

Hi, Louis,
got upgrade about 2 weeks ago,
so far so good... liked the features ... :) ...

The only thing which kind of "bugs" me - :mrgreen: - as I remember ... (hey - and memory is fading, too... :( - ) ....
some times before - they had a GREAT searching/displaying/showing ...
- capabilities in "old-&-good" PaintShop ?(before Corel got them)
- very easy, very friendly viewer ... easy to get in & out .....

.. and I cannot re-create this setting since couple last upgrades ... (I think it was ver.9 ... :?: ...)

Is there a way to configure the program same way ??

Thanks, Alexandra

lahazard

Re: Corel Video Studio Pro X3 Updates

Postby lahazard » Mon May 24, 2010 2:22 pm

Hello Alexandra,

The first version for either Paint Shop Pro or Video Studio that I actively have used and grown familiar with was X2, so I'm not sure if what you are asking is possible, but the folks at...

http://forum.corel.com/EN/index.php

Might better be able to help you as there are many there who appear to go way back with these programs including before they were taken over by Corel.

I' m most thankful Corel finally got around to making the User Guides available for both programs as stand alone PDF files. It boggled my mind as to why they did not do this from the start, but instead required you to be online if you needed to access them. Living out in a rural area the only "broadband" connection we have is Satellite and it has very restrictive bandwidth usage limits and so anytime I can minimize my online time I do. thus, having access to offline versions of user guides and help files is very important to me.

Louis

P.S. While i have been using computers since the early 80's, I am still a newbie when it comes to graphic applications. (Music? I have a lot more experience with - going back to my beginnings with computers in the 80's) What drew me in was being asked to do a Light Show for a 40 year reunion gig of the band I did them for back in the late 60's. My funds were limited and I did not have ready access to the kind of equipment I used back then, but i did have a computer, a projector, and access to a lot of old photographs. It was my desire to do a show worthy of the reunion that introduced me to Video Studio Pro, Paint Shop Pro, and Proshow Producer. I've been hooked ever since. :-)

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications