Adobe CS5

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Re: Adobe CS5

Postby Frankie » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:59 am

Ha! Here's to hoping "content aware fill" works as well on bank accounts too!

Frankie

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:42 pm

Like the cartoon someone sent me the other day about "next time I get an 'insufficient funds' notification from the bank, does that mean I am out of money or they are ??" :twisted:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby PhotoMagicCreations » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:55 pm

Mike,

Thanks for the laughs :lol: You did a great job.

Kelly

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:15 pm

PhotoMagicCreations wrote:You did a great job.

Just to make sure there's no confusion, I didn't make the video. :wink:

I thought it was pretty creative, though. Glad everyone likes it.

Mike

Postby cherub » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:29 pm

That was really, really funny.
Now I'm absolutely sure that this program is a must ! :D :D :D :D

Robert Barnett

Postby Robert Barnett » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:21 pm

CS5 just like CS4 will include 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Photoshop. The 64-bit version will also be available for the MAC this time around unlike CS4 which had 64-bit for Windows only. Premiere Pro and After Effects CS5 will also be 64-bit. Though I am not sure if it will include both 32-bit and 64-bit or 64-bit only. Time will tell if the rest of the programs will make it to 64-bit. It looks like they are doing the ones that can make the most use from the extra memory that 64-bit offers.

I am a beta tester for Photoshop, have been since version 4.

Robert

Postby rdurga » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:24 pm

Hi Mike,

Tks for a helpful video. I hope it will guide me on how to fillup my plate with money to pay for my credit card charges.

ram

Postby sbuckel » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:28 pm

I am also one of those folks that is a pre release tester for Photoshop CS5. I really wanted to have an excuse not to upgrade to this version, but having tested and used the new version, I can't wait. If you do image retouching the content aware healing is great, and some of the just do it features like being able to set you own defaults in the layers style panel is a real nice feature as well as if you are working on a 16 bit image, it will allow you to save a jpeg as it will change the mode to 8 bit for you. I have found it works faster than CS4 for me. My test platform for this has been my Windows 7 laptop, dual core 2.2 mhz with 6 gb of ram.

Scott

Postby Frankie » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:37 am

Welcome to the forum, Scott. You'll find that members here are an incredibly talented group that are very generous with their help and advice.

I had the same initial thought about CS4. I was happy with it and wasn't planning on upgrading either until I had a chance to become acquainted with the CS5 upgrades. There are plenty of new features that I still haven't really had a chance to fully realize their potential (both from time constraints and just my abilities).

Frankie

Postby nannybear » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:43 am

Tarafrost posted on this as well. Although, I am not a tester - I love my CS4! After I watched the CS5 vid's I upgraded.Now I am just a little miffed, that I am downloading but it won't be available til the 29th! Talk about having a new toy you can't play with!! Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby sheldonk » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:30 am

All CS5 applications are now shipping. Trials are available on www.adobe.com!!!

45 Minute Review of CS5

Postby texan » Mon May 03, 2010 1:27 am

If you're a PS user.....you've got to watch this. I was glued to my PC for 45 minutes.

My CS 5 has been ordered.

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/photoshop-cs5 ... -overview/
Texan

Postby gpsmikey » Mon May 03, 2010 7:26 am

Gee thanks people :evil: - you guys are going to cost me money yet - that CS5 Extended stuff is really cool. I guess time to move from CS2 to CS5 (and I am going to have to upgrade my system - that P4 3ghz is getting pretty slow for some stuff these days).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Dane172

Postby Dane172 » Thu May 27, 2010 1:26 am

With CS5 it is even more important than in CS4 to set you scratch disk to another drive, preferably the first partition on that drive. edit / preferances / performance - select any other drive except C. I have a 20Gb partition which seems to work fine. I also have RAW cache set to the same scratch disk.

When first trying content aware fill in CS5 I'd forgotten to do this and I soon got a message - out of memory.
Hope that helps
Dane

Postby PhotoBob » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:40 am

Watch very closely for Border's Book store coupons. When CS4 came out, they had a coupon that you could use at the Adobe store that allowed you to get 20% off of the price of CS4 upgrade. I purchase the CS4 upgrade for $169.
Producer V5, PS CS6, Lightroom 5, Olympus OMD E-M5
BS Ed Indiana State university, MS Ed Indiana University

Previous

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications