Interesting Site

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Re: Interesting Site

Postby debngar » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:58 pm

AMD wrote:Hi Again,

I just created a FlixTime free account and created a very short show. The first time the images were cut off horribly and just didn't "mesh" with FlixTime's "styles." I then moved a photo, added a new one, and changed the music and "remixed" and it came out really not badly. I need to revisit Animoto because with what I have seen thus far, FlixTime is far superior as far as the control one has over the order of images, deleting, adding, etc. I must agree, though, that the pixelation was a bit of a problem. If one doesn't want a genuinely customized and personalized show, this new site just may be some stiff competition for a lot of folks--including Photodex and their customers.

Ann

Ann,

This is the kind of thing I was referring to. Animoto and FlixTime allow quick show construction with some flexibility to the order of photos and a bit of other tweaking. Given enough fiddling and re-rendering a few times, a show is bound to come out half-way decent for certain uses. For the freebie 30 second shows, if the user doesn't like the images whizzing by fast, use less photos and it will slow the action. Same thing would happen in a Producer show pretty much. If the user tries to stuff too many photos in too short of time, something has to give, and that is the time spent viewing each photo. Also, the Animoto "paid for" shows have more control over the results than the free 30 second shows in relation to length, speed, saving a high quality file and so forth.

Oh, and I totally forgot about both sites making available the use the royalty free songs that have lyrics. Some I've heard on the Animoto site are quite nice! I wish we could get some of those for use with our Producer shows!

I'm still curious as to how well a higher resolution show looks like done with Animoto or FlixTime.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Previous

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications