Foto-Mosaik-Edda Free mosaic creating tool

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
lahazard

Foto-Mosaik-Edda Free mosaic creating tool

Postby lahazard » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:51 am

I am always looking for fun little tools to add spice and variety to my shows and it's even better when they are free.

Here is one I found while exploring more information on Magic Collage (another posting from me today.)

Foto-Mosaik-Edda

http://www.sixdots.de/mosaik/en/

From the website...

"With Foto-Mosaik-Edda you can create mosaic-pictures, which are composed of many small pictures (tiles), from your own photos.

The single pictures will be analysed and copied into one or more databases. You can use your holiday photos, pictures of the last family celebration or even take over whole picture-CDs into the database.

A simple to use wizard will guide you through the program and will turn the creation of your own photo-mosaic into a piece of cake. Amaze others with this extraordinary effect."

Check out some of the examples at the above website and play around with the zoom function to get a feel for some possibilities for zooming out from a close-up of multiple photos to the larger image for shows. (or vice versa!)

Louis

P.S. Caveats - I am still in the process of setting up a database for exploring this program and so I cannot give actual feedback regarding the quality of the final output at the moment. It is taking a while for the initial database to be set up. It is from these databases that the program then allows for the creation of an actual photo-mosaic. I'll add comments later if I run into any problems. Unlike the GiveAwayOfTheDay offering of Magic Collage, however, this one is free 24/7. When you first run it, there is a message from the author asking you to consider making a small donation. It states that this message will run for 7 additional times before disappearing. (Fair enough.) And there is one screen in the installation process where you are offered something else so read ALL installation screens BEFORE clicking through.

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications