Magic Collage - March 3 GiveAwayOfTheDay

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
lahazard

Magic Collage - March 3 GiveAwayOfTheDay

Postby lahazard » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:23 am

Today's freebie on Give Away Of The Day is.....

Magic Collage....

Based on my short exploration of it.........

While indeed quite similar to Quick Collage, (which I also use), it has one advantage for me that makes it a keeper. It allows for easier manipulation of text based collages (placement of words) than I have been able to achieve with Quick Collage.

It only allows the final collage to be saved as a jpg or png file.

Quick Collage allows saving as a psd file in addition to jpg and png.

Oh, and it does require having the .NET framework installed.

..and the "help" documentation leaves a lot to be desired. Very limited. No explanation of the majority of adjustment features. (Most folks will be able to figure most if not all of them out on their own, but I see it as a negative when a program's documentation fails to give even minimum explanation of all of it's features and adjustments.) Online Access only.

If interested, it's free today at.....

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

(For free? Worth a look. And I'll keep it for the text manipulation feature I mentioned above. At $26.95, however, perhaps not worth it in my opinion.)

A fuller review by someone else can be found at....

http://dottech.org/gotdreviews/14916

Louis

Re: Magic Collage - March 3 GiveAwayOfTheDay

Postby HunnyB » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:51 am

Man, I missed it. :cry:
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications