Prime Loops 500Mb Free Samples and Loops

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
lahazard

Prime Loops 500Mb Free Samples and Loops

Postby lahazard » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:43 pm

If you use a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation such as Sony Acid) to create your own music for your shows, you might be interested in a freebie from Prime Loops this week. (A one week offer)

More than 500mb of free samples and loops - All royalty free (covering a wide range of genres)

Most are related to hip-hop, trance, or club oriented rhythms and sounds, but there are some piano, guitar, and orchestral samples geared more towards Jazz, R&B, Pop, Rock, and Acoustic rhythms as well.

http://www.primeloops.com/index.php?page=free-pack

Louis

P.S. From a personal viewpoint, I'm not really all that impressed with PrimeLoops offerings most of the time. I find that I end up using far more of the loops and samples available via the collections offered by Sony. But this pack is free to download and all samples and loops are royalty free as well.

P.P.S. They are almost all offered as wav files and thus can be used in any program that can use/edit wav files.

Re: Prime Loops 500Mb Free Samples and Loops

Postby RZKYBZNZ » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:29 am

Thanks Louis for the heads up. I will check it out!
Mo' Better Photo Memories
Bring your most cherished memories back to life.

Postby rdurga » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:04 am

Hi Louis,

I have downloaded the file to check out the quality and type of music.

I could not play with windows player. What kind of codecs do you need?

Can you pl provide the link to download the specific codec?

ram

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:25 am

It looks like the loops etc are 24 bit sound. Both Adobe Audition and Sony Sound Forge have no problem opening them. You will need some sort of audio editor anyway to use the loops - by themselves, loops are not very handy, but you use them in a multi-track editor to create various music as you need. If you are interested in seeing how it is done with Sony Acid, there are some good video tutorials that are worth watching here:
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/sup ... dlooptrain

FWIW - I just checked - the free Audacity can also open the loops and play them.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby rdurga » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:19 am

Tks mikey.

I will check them in audacity.

ram

lahazard

Postby lahazard » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:47 pm

And Sony also offers a free simplified version of Sony Acid known as Acid Xpress... (and this will play the samples and loops AND let you play around with creating music with them.)

http://www.acidplanet.com/downloads/xpress/

Louis

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications