BluffTitler Question

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
ProShow Hall of Fame

BluffTitler Question

Postby sierra whiskey » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 am

hi

i get the impression that quite a few members use this product and seem to like it. i'm considering whether i will make good use of it. i hope someone who has it could answer the following questions.

i have a logo designed which i would like to animate with a suitable font. is it possible to import a logo graphic into BluffTitler and animate it in the same way as the fonts? if this possible what format does the graphic have to be in?

secondly is it easy to import the finished animation into ProShow or does it have to be processed thru some other software before it can be imported?

and lastly how easy it to produce a professional looking show? i have viewed BluffTitler's d packs and they certainly look the business but without that template is it feasible to make something similar?

i hope someone is able to help.

thanks in anticipation

steve

Re: BluffTitler Question

Postby heckydog » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:26 am

sierra whiskey wrote:hi

i have a logo designed which i would like to animate with a suitable font. is it possible to import a logo graphic into BluffTitler and animate it in the same way as the fonts? if this possible what format does the graphic have to be in?

secondly is it easy to import the finished animation into ProShow or does it have to be processed thru some other software before it can be imported?

and lastly how easy it to produce a professional looking show? i have viewed BluffTitler's d packs and they certainly look the business but without that template is it feasible to make something similar?

i hope someone is able to help.

thanks in anticipation
steve

I'm not sure I understand your statement "animate it in the same way as the fonts?" You can take virtually any logo, create an eps file out of it, map your graphics onto the eps file, and animate it as if it was text. iow, any thing you can do to text you can do to an eps file. It sounds harder than it really is but it's quite do-able.

You can make an avi file that should import into ProShow without any problems. BluffTilter avi files tend to be huge so I will usually convert then to wmv's just to keep the file size small, not because there's issues with avi's.

The D-packs are another matter. You may consider them to be professional looking, but are they really something that belongs in your average slide show? imho they don't. But if you think you have a need for them, I'd suggest you buy a pack. They are way too complicated to try and make on your own.

Joe

Esteemed Member

Postby quetzal » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:45 am

Hi,
We're using BluffTitler since one year. We have done 6 images cube, 6 images cylindrical, carousel of 8 images (back and front), earth with clouds, earth with airplane departure and arrival( you must have the long and lat of departure and arrival to do that. For the logo, we've made one similar to Universal. But sorry, we aren't able to do the logo like WB, cause the EPS layer. We'll try it later for sure. quetzal

Postby heckydog » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:33 pm

Steve,

Here is a really short example:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 4589&alb=0 2.2MB 7 seconds long, a cute, unoffensive donkey video :D

I started with the 2D jpg picture you see in the corner. Created a png file with transparency using photoshop. That will become the image that gets mapped onto the eps file.

Created a black and white bmp file. This step is necessary to make eps files that will work in BT.

Converted the bmp file to an eps file using a free program that I could provide to you.

Opened the eps file in BT and added the image of eeyore :D I animated it just to show the depth and that it was now a 3D image suitable for a logo. I then outputted the show as a compressed avi file using the Canopus DV codec.

It opened up fine in PSP and I then proceeded to make upload the show.

Writing all this stuff down took longer than actually creating the show. Well, maybe I exaggerated a bit. But trust me, it's not as complicated as you think. I have Adobe After Effects and I think it would be harder to do this in AE than it is to do in BluffTitler.

I can offer any assistance you need to get you up and running.

Joe

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby sierra whiskey » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:04 am

hi joe & quetzal

thanks for the advice and the example.

i'm pretty certain the program will do what i would like & no doubt i'll buy it soon. joe, i'll keep your info & instructions and if you don't mind i may come back to you for advice & details of the free program.

many thanks

steve

Esteemed Member

Postby quetzal » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:07 am

Hi Joe,
We don't remember the name of the little program for the eps. At that time, we've downloaded two programs. The 2 programs didn't run. Perhaps, we are using jpeg images instead of bmp. Please let us know and if you are
willing to give us the link of the program. quetzal

Postby heckydog » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:15 pm

quetzal wrote:Hi Joe,
We don't remember the name of the little program for the eps. At that time, we've downloaded two programs. The 2 programs didn't run. Perhaps, we are using jpeg images instead of bmp. Please let us know and if you are
willing to give us the link of the program. quetzal

quetzal,

Here are two links: The first link is the post on the BT gallery made by Maddis, who is the person that wrote the software. There's a link in his post that takes you to the second link, which is where to download the program.

http://www.outerspace-software.com/gall ... icleID=990

http://www.teradepot.com/orggjhtu8f1d/B ... S.rar.html

To create an eps file for BluffTitler, you have to use a bmp file. The bmp file must be black and white with the black portion being the shape you want for the eps file. The eps file can be no larger than roughly 7kb or 8kb. BT cannot handle complex eps files. The bmp can be virtually any size. But if it converts to an eps that's too large then you'll have to make the bmp file smaller.

hth

Joe

PS there is also a way to do this directly using a program called potrace and running it under a command prompt. The BMP_2_EPS program merely automates this process. Maybe that's the program you tried previously.

Esteemed Member

Postby quetzal » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:38 am

Hi Joe,
Many thanks for the links. We appreciate very much. quetzal :D

Esteemed Member

Postby twodoor55 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:35 pm

I have Bluff Titler and don't quite understand the eps part of it. I have PSE 6. Can I use this to make the eps file?

Esteemed Member

Postby twodoor55 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:35 pm

I have Bluff Titler and don't quite understand the eps part of it. I have PSE 6. Can I use this to make the eps file?

Postby heckydog » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:29 pm

twodoor55 wrote:I have Bluff Titler and don't quite understand the eps part of it. I have PSE 6. Can I use this to make the eps file?

You can use just about any graphics program, including PSE 6, to make the bmp file. Basically, you take the original file, whatever format it may be, and turn it into a black and white BMP file. Like this:

Then, use the BMP 2 EPS program to convert the bmp to an eps file.

Joe

Postby rdurga » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:53 pm

Hi Joe,

Tks for your easy tutorial on how to make 3D in BT.

I donot have BT. Now I am going to checkout BT. Hopefully it is not too expensive for my pocket. If BT can do other effects, I am interested.

ram

Esteemed Member

Postby quetzal » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:15 am

Hi Ram,
Please let go to the PSP General Discussion and see the 15 sec show we made for the Valentine's Day.
It was done with BT. Have a nice weekend! quetzal :D

Postby rdurga » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:23 pm

tks quetzal. Happy valentine.

I have checked BT on their web site.

It is a very good program for titles. Now I have to decide between easy and pro. I am making slide shows for home usage only and I have to watch out my budget. All these programs are adding up.

In pro, you can do customizing. I donot know whether I will be needing it and whether it is worth spending that extra money?

BTW this valentine effect can be done in psp using technique by weezard.

ram

Postby AMD » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:18 pm

Thanks for the info, Joe. I have BluffTitler but haven't tried this; I, too, want to give it a try!

Ann

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications