LibriVox Narrative Tracks

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
lahazard

LibriVox Narrative Tracks

Postby lahazard » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:46 am

I did a search and did not see where this site has been shared before. (I apologize in advance if someone has shared this site and I overlooked it.)

Something I like to add, now and then, to my shows involves using various quotes from classical and/or traditional literature, fiction and non-fiction alike. Putting a quote in as a caption layer can be very effective, but there are times when I find that a well-done dramatic reading of the passage can stir the emotions just as the right music for the presentation can.

I found this site.....

http://librivox.org/

.....at the end of December in my search for royalty free soundbites and music for future shows. It is a collection of volunteers who read and record literature that is in the public domain and then they release these recording for anyone to use, free of charge, for any purpose - commercial included.

If you have an interest in using such audio files in your work, take some time to explore the site and discover what they have to offer.

There are short poems, long poems, full length novels, short stories, traditional fairy tales, non-fiction works, all of which are considered to be in the public domain. Some selections have only one version, but many have multiple readings of the same selection by different people. There are readings in kids voices and readings in adult voices, male and female.

You can pick and choose which readings you want to download, or they also offer a larger zip file of all readings for each particular selection. They also have links for text versions of the selections as well.

Hope some of you find something you can use in your shows. Or if not for your shows, perhaps for your own listening pleasure! :)

Louis

P.S. They are always looking for new readers, as well, for adding to the collection.

P.P.S. They also have a number of selections in languages other than English.

Re: LibriVox Narrative Tracks

Postby AMD » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:56 pm

Hi,

Thanks for posting this. I visited the site and, frankly, found it quite amazing. I think I can certainly occasionally use some of the material.

Ann

Postby trulytango » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:57 pm

Great link to a great resource!

Thanks!

Iris :D
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby amycramer » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:12 am

Thanks for the great link. Very interesting possabilities. Never thought of doing this. :roll: Amy
Pentax K5, Panasonic HDC-TM300 video camera (Whoohoo, thanks Santa)

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications