BluffTitler 8.0 is Released

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

BluffTitler 8.0 is Released

Postby heckydog » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:29 am

Released today in 3 different versions, Easy, Pro, and iTV

Looks to me like the free upgrades are over for existing customers :(

The Easy versions takes away a lot of the features that are standard in 7.65 but allows you to essentially play existing shows. That "upgrade" is free although why they call it an upgrade is beyond me since you'd lose a lot of functions. I'll have to check it closer, I could be wrong.

The Pro version is like the current version with a few new additions. That will cost you 20 euros to keep pace with what you have now.

The iTV is for TV stations to use, so unless you are a TV station, skip this one at 220 euros to upgrade.

Joe

Esteemed Member

Re: BluffTitler 8.0 is Released

Postby quetzal » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:13 am

Hi,
It seems to us that the version 8 includes new stuff like light effect and still has the carousel of previous
version. We have uptaded to version 8.0 easy, not upgraded. And It's still free for registered users up to now.
quetzal :)

lahazard

Postby lahazard » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:30 pm

Folks can look at the differences between versions at...

http://www.outerspace-software.com/versions.html

You can update to the Easy version for free if you are a registered user and switch back and forth between Easy and Pro versions to give the added features of Pro a trial run.

I'm going for the Pro upgrade as it necessary if one wishes to edit all effects and create new ones from scratch.

Louis

Postby Barkingmad » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:57 pm

What was the price of this before this new version - is the pro version now more expensive than the previous version?
Shaz BMad
"Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not yet understood." Henry Mille

lahazard

Postby lahazard » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:49 pm

IF I remember correctly, the previous one-size-fits-all version was 39.95 euros.

So the "easy" version is 10 euros cheaper and the "pro" version is 10 euros higher in price. (For full price)

Louis

Postby Barkingmad » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:41 pm

Thank you!
Shaz BMad
"Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not yet understood." Henry Mille

Postby heckydog » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:30 pm

There's still some confusion going on at the BT Gallery

the bottom of this thread will show that some people are going to be confused by the new arrangement.

http://www.outerspace-software.com/gall ... cleID=1130

Joe

lahazard

Postby lahazard » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:37 pm

From what I can tell......

If you do not want to upgrade to the "Pro" version you just might be better off keeping the older version as the "Easy" (and "free") version really does appear to be somewhat of a downgrade in terms of access to some features. Perhaps quetzal can comment on if the "easy" update is a true UPgrade or a downgrade of sorts?

Louis

Esteemed Member

Postby quetzal » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:06 am

Hi Louis,
I have visited the BluffTitler site and it's said: When moving from version (old version) 7.6.5 to new version 8.0
Easy not Pro, you lose some and you gain some. For example, the text layer is the Easy no longer features a Flexibiliy property. ...... Then, I've downloaded the old version 7.6.5 again, hoping that I can use the two versions
the old 7.6.5 and the new V8 Easy. From my point of view, we have to get the V8 Pro for really have the upgrade and to be up to date with BluffTitler. quetzal :)

lahazard

Postby lahazard » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:23 pm

Thank you for following up quetzal.

I went ahead and upgraded to V8 Pro as I wanted to explore some of the newer features. I do feel they should have been a bit clearer up front to folks about some of the "downsized" features of V8 Easy, but at this point, for me at least, it was sort of a "in for a penny, in for a pound" decision. :)

My work picked up a bit (the bill-paying version) and I hope to further explore the newer features in a few weeks.

Thanks again for following up...

Louis

Postby Zotz1 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:11 pm

Hello All ,
I use BT ,but am not sure which way to go at this point . I think for now I will choose NOT to upgrade or downgrade
,it just dosent make sence .
Stay Safe ,
Paul

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications