Help with Vimeo

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Esteemed Member

Help with Vimeo

Postby Patricia_C » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:58 am

Hopefully someone can help me. I am trying to attempt my first upload to Vimeo. Problem is I just don't know what format to make. I know it says it likes MP4 the best. But when I made my MP4 with the resolution suggested 1280x720, it comes out very pixilated. I don't understand outputs and resolutions at all, so it's a crap shoot with me. Can someone explain exactly what I should do? Let me know if I need to give more specifics.

Thanks so much!
Patty Cantu
Digital Heirloom Studios
http://digitalheirloomstudios.com/

etcetera

Re: Help with Vimeo

Postby etcetera » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:32 pm

Patty, I waited to see if one of our resident experts would post a reply. I had a lot of issues when I first tried to post a video to YouTube and it was a matter of trial and error ... I finally figured out what worked for me and generated very good quality. I am able to post mine in HD now and I am happy with them.

These are the settings I figured out to use with YouTube but I think it would be worth a try on Vimeo.

The 1280x720 is good. MP4 files sometimes look pixellated but the WMV seem to work much better and the quality is very good. AVI is also good but they are huge.

Here are the other settings I generally use (these came from Vegas but I think you might be able to duplicate the settings in PSP)
Audio: 128 Kbps, 44,100 Hz, 16 Bit, Stereo, WMA
Video: 29.970 fps, 1280x720 Progressive, WMV, VBR
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.000

Hope it helps ...

Sheila :)

Valued Member

Postby DonM » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:50 pm

Patty, Have you reviewed the advise on the http://vimeo.com/help/compression page?

Don

Esteemed Member

Postby gham » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:45 pm

Try this,

Vimeo files are only 24 fps so write it out that way - I do this and it works great:

- Mpeg 2
- 5000 KBS (Maximum for vimeo so write it out that way)
- Frame rate 24fps

This should work well

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications