Font manager recommendation

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Font manager recommendation

Postby bellzerr » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:14 am

Can anyone recommend a good, free font managing application? I need to eliminate a bunch of fonts I never use and I'd also like something that makes it easy to review fonts for easy selection when I need one - hopefully in a LARGE point size instead of the teeny view that Proshow, Word, etc. provide.
Thanks.
Mark

Re: Font manager recommendation

Postby jrosenthal » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:03 am

I happen to be looking for one as well, try this one I just downloaded to start using it, seems it has all the things I was I looking for.

http://www.cfontpro.com/

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:27 am

While not free ($25), it does have a free trial - check out Printers Apprentice - I like the way it allows me to view the fonts etc and the author is good about responding to email requests (besides, I like the name of his company :twisted: ). There are other more expensive ones with fancy features, but I found that this one fit my needs after I spent some time checking out the various ones out there - and there is the free trial.

http://www.loseyourmind.com/
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Barkingmad » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:12 pm

I have used 'the Font Thing' for years .... works ok for me and is free. Have tried a few others but always went back to this one, although it has been a long time since I tried any others
Shaz BMad
"Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not yet understood." Henry Mille

Postby bellzerr » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:56 am

Thanks gang. I'm going to try all three of these. It's such a time saver to get recommendations from this forum!
Mark

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:17 am

Mark, the only suggestion I have is that if you harbor a mountain of fonts (I have something over a thousand), you might want to eventually invest in software that allows you to activate/deactivate fonts at will. Otherwise, every last blasted font you own will be loaded into memory every time you start up your computer.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications