Dnmilikan's Third Party Compilations

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Re: Another Free Title Page

Postby heckydog » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:14 pm

dnmilikan wrote:Since this thread is supposedly open to discussion on production tools or techniques you may pose any questions that you have.

I've watched some tutorials on how to create flourishes. I'd be interested in knowing what software you used to make yours? They look to be of a higher quality than the ones I have seen in the tutorials.

thanks

Joe

dnmilikan

Re: Another Free Title Page

Postby dnmilikan » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:55 pm

Thanks Stephanie

Joe these were created with Flash CS4.

Donald Miller

dnmilikan

Free animated Christmas Greeting

Postby dnmilikan » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:09 am

Another animated Christmas greeting offered free of charge without any restrictions on usage. Send me a PM with your email address if you want this video file.

This was prepared with several different software applications that I use in addition to Proshow Producer when preparing shows. Questions of tools and applications will be entertained.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8aHtJTAy3Q

Donald Miller

dnmilikan

New Commercial App.

Postby dnmilikan » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:50 pm

I've produced another short commercial app to illustrate that Producer can be used for something other than anniversaries, weddings and family reunions. I used several other software applications other than Producer to create this app. These include the money clip (Adobe Illustrator), animated caption (BT), and sound track accompaniment (DJ). Questions as to production procedures are welcomed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt0NmyjDGs8

Donald Miller

Site Admin

Re: New Commercial App.

Postby MG - Admin » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 am

Forgive me for asking, but is it possible you can explain what function Producer plays in creating these?

It appears that you're simply providing clips that can be inserted into shows created using Producer. If that's the case that is fine, but I think you should explain that so others aren't led astray thinking that what is being offered is a product of the Producer software. You mention several other software products and the vagueness of your description may lead others to believe that Producer plays a part in their creation. Right now I'm assuming it doesn't.

I'm not trying to be difficult, or give you a hard time, but I still think there's some confusion as to what this section is meant for. It appears that rather than discussing third party software applications and how they can be used to enhance the features of Producer, you are simply providing examples of what other software can do instead of using Producer. Sure, the clips can be inserted into a Producer created show, but I don't think that's your intentions. If I am misunderstanding you I apologize. Please clarify.

Mike

dnmilikan

Postby dnmilikan » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:57 am

Mike,

In this particular instance Producer was responsible for the entirety of two opening slides, the caption on the second slide and also the horizontal caption on the third slide. Producer was responsible for the timing of each of the slides, the interval between the slides and the place holder for the sound accompaniment.

I would have you think of something when you tend to take this continual exception to what I produce. There is not a nickles worth of difference between a photograph that I take with my 5DII and an illustration that I produce in Adobe Illustrator or Bluff Titler...each of these, the photograph or the illustration are attempts at depicting something approaching reality when we both know that rendering reality is an impossibility. What is confusing to me is that you allow others to post illustrations in shows, you allow Bluff Titler to be used in shows, you even, heaven forbid, allow video clips and yet when I introduce a video clip into a Producer production something about this seems to make you go wacko.

These small productions of mine are as legitimate as a video clip that I expose with my XHA1 and include in a show and is accepted in the sample shows section. Why is it that you have this problem? and let's recognize that this is your problem. You seem to get your panties in a knot when anything falls outside your narrow view of propriety. If you have the ability to examine this objectively I would think that you would need to agree. However, let me say that if you don't agree please explain where these perceptions of differences between what I do and others do are backed up with factual evidence.

Now sofar as discussing third party software, I have clearly identified that third party software was used. I have left the opportunity for discussion open and in fact I did answer a question that Joe asked about how the flourishes I use are produced. Rather than tying up your bandwidth with a verbose explanation of exact details pertaining to the productions I think that it makes more sense to answer questions as they and if they arise. Don't you think that makes somewhat more sense?

In closing let me ask you a question that I posed the other day and that you failed to answer. What happened to your edict that stated that these matters should be handled privately?

Donald Miller

Postby m.c.rude » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:55 am

Donald, maybe in the future you can post all these 'freebies' in the member created files section.

I can see Mike's point. In all of your recent posts all you are doing is offering a clip for others to use. You do on occasion mention the software you used to make it, but in all your posting you have yet to show me HOW it relates to producer (other than using producer as a video player).

Maybe you could make a slide show of screen captures showing how you created your flourishes in Flash CS4.

Simply placing similar posts in another section would avoid any conflict.
MC
the picture or video does not tell you what software or hardware you used; it only tells the story, it will only reveal what the eye sees.

Postby bellzerr » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:55 am

A video clip is not in any way a "software application used in the production of Proshow," nor a software application of any kind - it's just a video clip. Free is free (thanks for thinking of us) but I agree that Member Files is where something like this belongs.
Mark

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:03 am

Donald:

I'm asking you publicly because I'm getting inundated with emails and PMs asking me why these files are being offered when in most cases there is no explanation as to their relationship to Producer, or how they would be useful to someone other than anyone associated with "Orphus" in this case. You are best suited to answer these questions. It's been asked before in other threads you've created to elaborate on the relevance of the files and you continue to post with vague references to Producer.

The majority of threads in this section pertain to using third party applications to enhance the content used in Producer. I've given examples before of using Photoshop to edit images, using BluffTitler to create animated titles and backgrounds, etc. These all clearly explain their role and why someone would consider using these third party applications for their slide shows. They all do things either Producer can't do, or do better because they have specific tools for a particular function. They don't replace the function of Producer, which is for creating the actual slide shows.

A majority of the threads in this section explain how the third party applications can be used by others to improve their shows. They explain what software was used and why. They explain how someone else can create the same style, video clip, photo enhancement, etc. so they can do the work themselves going forward. You don't do that. You simply offer a clip that 99.9% of the people couldn't use without having to alter it in some manner, and don't explain how it was created and why Producer wouldn't be an option to create such a clip.

What you are doing is creating a video clip with third party software, maybe adding a caption in Producer to keep it somewhat relevant, and then offering the clip for others to use. Are you customizing these clips for each person that requests a copy? I can't see how anyone would have a use for an ad that promotes "Orphus" for their own use. I don't see you personalizing the video clip for each person that has a request. I wouldn't have time myself. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm also assuming that since you prefer to control the sharing of these clips by not offering them via the Member Created Files section that you are aware of the fact that they cannot be used by anyone without having to alter them. That's fine, but it further explains why these clips confuse many as to their use in their shows. Maybe if you were to offer a template of sorts instead of the resulting clips so others could edit the files for their own use they would have more of an appeal. Just a suggestion.

Please keep all the above in mind when posting more of your clips. You're not doing anyone a service by being vague about what these clips are about or how they can be altered for use in their own shows.

Mike

dnmilikan

Postby dnmilikan » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:23 pm

Mike,

I thought that I explained the purpose of this latest production by saying that I wished to illustrate that Producer could be used for something additional to the typical fare of anniversaries, weddings and family reunions. lf we are truly about learning to use this software to it's full potential than it would seem that there would be departures from the typical fare.

I disagree with MC in that Producer was only being used as a video player. Had the provision for slide timing, the caption ability and the audio controls not been available in Producer this latest production would not have been possible. In regards to where these are posted, I am posting them where Mike indicated that he wished them to be posted.

To continue, apparently the many who have sent me messages requesting the video files be sent to them don't seem to think that these are unusable without modification. Perhaps the inability to recognize and utilize material is the issue at hand here.

Furthermore I can well imagine the quarter from whence your complaints are originating. In fact I am not at all surprised by them because it is difficult to sell what is being freely dispensed.

In the future, with your permission, I will continue to produce these short productions. They will be offered free of charge and without limitations on usage to all that wish to obtain them. I will identify the additional software that I used along with Producer and I will explain the use that Producer played in these productions.I will also explain the part that the alternative software played.I will not go into a great deal of detail unless questions are posed. Sofar as modification and the explanation of how this is to be accomplished, I have already done that in the title page that I posted several days ago. Perhaps you missed it.

Now let me explain something that has been alluded to and seems to not be understood among some here. Every production that comes out of Producer is a "video clip". There is no other output possibility. Anytime that you have time involved with movement you have video or film...video in this case. So the issue that these short offerings are only video clips is true but what else is possible?

If you want to address something that really deserves your attention you might look toward the plagiarism represented by ongoing and prevalent use of copyrighted music in shows. As the owner of this forum I would think that you would appreciate the point of jeopardy that you place yourself in by allowing this.

Donald Miller

dnmilikan

Postby dnmilikan » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:11 pm

m.c.rude wrote:Maybe you could make a slide show of screen captures showing how you created your flourishes in Flash CS4.

MC,

This illustration is already available on Youtube. A short google search turned up several links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM_svH50fmM

Donald Miller

dnmilikan

Postby dnmilikan » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:23 pm

bellzerr wrote:A video clip is not in any way a "software application used in the production of Proshow," nor a software application of any kind - it's just a video clip. Free is free (thanks for thinking of us) but I agree that Member Files is where something like this belongs.
Mark

Mark,

Let me start by saying the place that my short illustrations are posted is exactly where Mike told me to post them.

I appreciate your point. Let's me begin by approaching this from this point. Would you have me arm wave the immense possibilities and tout verbally what is possible by incorporating this additional software or that additional software in addition to Producer? Does it not make some degree of sense that the best illustration of what is possible is to simply show it? Once this is shown does it not make further sense to give these illustrations away to someone who may be able to utilize them in some way? Or would it be more beneficial to you for me to simply throw them in the circular file?

Donald Miller

Site Admin

Dnmilikan's Third Party Compilations

Postby MG - Admin » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:47 pm

For lack of a better description, this thread will contain dnmilikan's contributions.

Mike

dnmilikan

Re: Dnmilikan's Third Party Compilations

Postby dnmilikan » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:00 am

Another short animated template offered free of charge and without restrictions on usage to all that wish to have it. This has the provisions for the addition of a photograph of your own choosing. Just PM me with your email address for the video file.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXYCwl_8cmE

Donald Miller

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Producer/After Effects 3D effect.

Postby pd » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:36 am

dnmilikan wrote:....... created in After Effects and imported into Producer............ Lightning effect created inside Producer. Image footage originated with still images...no video was used in the creation.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 8198&alb=0

Donald Miller

This 3d cloud effect is very realistic. Very well done. This is a good demo of good use of various software to achieve a superior effect.

pd
regards.
pd

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications