Dnmilikan's Third Party Compilations

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
dnmilikan

BT/Producer ad production

Postby dnmilikan » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:57 am

A short commercial ad production with BT and Producer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc_6vyN5j6c

Donald Miller

Re: BT/Producer ad production

Postby Astra » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:59 am

Donald,
what was a part done by a Producer?

Alexandra

dnmilikan

Postby dnmilikan » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:05 am

Astra wrote:Donald,
what was a part done by a Producer?

Alexandra

Alexandra,

My work flow involves converting Mpg 2 Avi to Mpg 4 Avi in Producer.

Donald Miller

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:46 am

It's relevance to Producer is questionable since converting Mpg2 avi to Mpg4 avi is not what Producer is all about, especially since there are many other programs that are designed to do just that. If anything, it just shows a weakness of Bluff Titler in that it can't produce Mpg 4 avi. Still not sure of the relevance of this post, either.

dnmilikan

Postby dnmilikan » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:52 am

mgregg99 wrote:It's relevance to Producer is questionable since converting Mpg2 avi to Mpg4 avi is not what Producer is all about, especially since there are many other programs that are designed to do just that. If anything, it just shows a weakness of Bluff Titler in that it can't produce Mpg 4 avi. Still not sure of the relevance of this post, either.

Mike,
I thought that this particular forum was for third party software that is used in producing shows. I believe that BT fits into that category or am I wrong about that?

I assume that you wrote this description "Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs."

Am I to assume that this is another instance where if someone does something a bit creatively apart from the norm that it is not acceptable? If I am wrong than perhaps you might modify the structure of your forum to exclude third party software.

Apart from that issue, what happened to discussing disagreements privately? Has that been changed too?
Donald Miller

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:19 am

The sections were created to allow for members to discuss what other software they use to help create their shows with Gold or Producer. Many people use PhotoShop to enhance their photos, or Bluff Titler for creating animated backgrounds, titles, etc., which are then added to a show being created. Those are all pieces that get put together in the ProShow software along with other elements to create a show. Producer and Gold are still the driving force in creating those shows.

In the example above, you've simply created a show in Bluff Titler and converted it in Producer. Although it was implied, Producer had no part of the process of creating the show and was only used for converting to Mpg 4 avi. There are many other programs that do this, and much more conveniently.

Had you explained how the ad was created and how it might apply to those who'd like to implement something like that in their shows it would make a lot more sense. Or, in what now seems to be the motive behind the post is that Producer can also be used simply to convert video files from other programs to different formats. The way it was presented didn't make any sense.

Just to be clear, the "Third Party Applications" sections are for discussing software products that help users of ProShow Gold or Producer create material for use with the ProShow products. It's not an area simply to discuss other slide show software for the sake of comparison, promotion, etc. This is a ProShow forum. We all know Google and if we want to discuss other software products that create slide shows there are other options.

dnmilikan

Postby dnmilikan » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:28 am

Mike,
I do understand what you are saying. So if I were to use Producer in combination with other software such as After Effects, BT, Premiere Pro, Maya, Blender, or Final Cut Pro for commercial ad production that would or would not meet your approval? Since you moved my previous posts to a venue of your choosing where would you like for me to post these commercial applications? I don't want to post them to the sample shows because that is simply asking for someone to take offense because they don't appear to fit into what is socially acceptable here.

Donald Miller

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:38 am

Are things so slow at your forum that you need to come here to argue?

As long as what you post is relevant to the uses of Producer or Gold they're fine. If you're simply going to be using Producer to convert your video files to other formats than be upfront and say so. It's almost as if you're trying not to use Producer, or just enough of it, to post your material from other software so you can skirt the subject matter of this forum.

I moved your posts because they all contained video clips produced by other software products that "could" if so desired be used in a show that is created using the ProShow software. They weren't created using the ProShow products other than possibly being converted from one format to another. I think the moves were justified.

As for posting in the "Samples" section they would not be relevant there as well. That area is for shows actually created using the ProShow software. Lately, you've supplied nothing but the opposite. Everything you've been posting has been created with something other than the ProShow software.

dnmilikan

Postby dnmilikan » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:42 am

Mike,
Ad hominem attacks will not serve you well. I am not arguing only clarifying what your position is on this particular issue on this day.

Donald Miller

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:53 am

Don:

Everyone else here seems to "get it". Why is it that I always have to break everything down and reiterate what this forum is all about to you? You seem to enjoy picking the forum rules and criteria with a fine toothed comb simply to find the gray areas so you can push what is and what is not acceptable here. It gets very tiring.

On the other hand, there are times when you genuinely post material here that is educational, helpful and appreciated by many. I wish that "Don" would visit more often.

Mike

PS - Subject closed. Time to be productive again.

dnmilikan

Another Free Title Page

Postby dnmilikan » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:25 am

Another short animated title page offered free of charge and without restrictions on usage for those that want it. This was produced with several auxillary software programs that I use to produce show title pages. Email or message me with your email address If you want to have this footage.

Since this thread is supposedly open to discussion on production tools or techniques you may pose any questions that you have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl7Dh8PdFsw

Donald Miller

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Another Free Title Page

Postby seektheburd » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:44 am

Hi Don,
You've been busy working up some nice little intros, etc. Just wanted to pop in to say how much I admire your creativity. Really nice stuff!

Hugs,
Stephanie
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/stephanieseek

HP Pavilion p6580t Desktop;Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; i5-750 Quad-Core; 1.5GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 230.
Photodex Producer 5
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection

singsally67

Re: Photoshop, After Effects and Producer (Free/no restrictions)

Postby singsally67 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:31 am

I'd like the video file. Very nice.

singsally67

Re: Producer/After Effects/Photoshop Christmas Prod (free)

Postby singsally67 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:32 am

i'd like it. email is *********. Thanks.

EDIT: Email address removed. Posting of email addresses is not advised due to risks of being spammed. Please contact Don via PM or email to request his files. Thanks!

Re: Photoshop, After Effects and Producer (Free/no restrictions)

Postby caganaudie » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:14 pm

Is this a slide style? If not, it would be great if you offered your works as slide styles.

Ima

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications