Dnmilikan's Third Party Compilations

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Re: New Commercial App.

Postby heckydog » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:45 am

dnmilikan wrote:
m.c.rude wrote:Maybe you could make a slide show of screen captures showing how you created your flourishes in Flash CS4.

MC,

This illustration is already available on Youtube. A short google search turned up several links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM_svH50fmM

Donald Miller

Donald,

I originally posed the question of how you made the flourishes. Mainly because I was interested in making them myself and the ones you "made" were quite good.

You said they were made in Flash CS4. So I, and perhaps others, were led to believe that you actually made them yourself.

The truth is, I discovered, these flourishes are provided in a product from Video Copilot called Evolution. They are high quality mov files that can be imported into Adobe After Effects and edited in any number of ways.

I think you're doing a disservice to the members of this forum by not stating that upfront. The videos you created were pretty nice. I don't know why you chose to hide the fact that you didn't actually make the flourishes yourself. We all use different tools to enhance our shows and Evolution can be one of those tools.

I watched part of the youtube video tutorial. And even if I had Flash CS4, which I don't, I wouldn't be very encouraged to want to attempt to make my own flourishes after watching that video.

On the other hand, I do have After Effects CS3, and knowing that I could buy a product like Evolution and make some darn nice videos would encourage me to investigate further.

IMO, your proper response to my question should have been, "I used Evolution by Video Copilot and here's a link to tell you more about it." not that they were made in Flash CS4.

By the way, for anyone interested, here's a link that tells you more about Evolution

This forum thrives on the goodwill of it's members and on the free flow of information for those who want to provide it. Some of our very talented members spend many hours creating products that they sell on their websites. And they rightly deserve to make money doing this. They are creating an end product that people can use. But more importantly, they are also selling their creativity.

IMHO, again, you are trying to undermine these processes and I don't know why you would want to do that by not being honest with how you made the videos.

And on a slightly off-topic subject, I also question why people are required to PM you for the videos, and why you constantly remind us that they are "free and without restrictions of use". If your motives were truly benevolent and above board with these posts, you would just provide a link and be done with it.

Joe

Valued Member

Re: Dnmilikan's Third Party Compilations

Postby quikchip » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:17 am

Who cares what Donald Miller does, how he does it or why he does it.
IGNORE him and maybe he will go back and tend to his own ego driven website.
We all know now what the url for his website is, so those who want to see what his latest e-trip is, you can go to his website. If you don't know what his url... http://www.pro-show-international.com
quikchip

Postby bonalymac » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:06 pm

Glad to see some sensible comments coming in from others now. I have watched from the sidelines not saying anything, but I also felt I needed to say something.

This group is run by Mike.

He is therefore free to make his own rules and change them as he wishes

I have no way of knowing, but I suspect that the rules were not drawn up by a lawyer with the intention of being a legally binding document.

Nor could they cover every conceivably eventuality, so some modification is probably needed from time to time.

So what is said at one time may not be appropriate at another. This is not a court of law; it is a group of friends and colleagues wanting to share ideas.

You also said
To continue, apparently the many who have sent me messages requesting the video files be sent to them don't seem to think that these are unusable without modification. Perhaps the inability to recognize and utilize material is the issue at hand here.

I'm sorry, but the numbers requesting free videos does not prove that they think they are useable without modification. It proves that without seeing them, they think they can be.

I was one of the ones who asked, and I assumed I was getting a template/style or show which I could adapt. What I got was much appreciated, but was not suitable for me (I appreciate that that is certainly not your fault). I have not requested any subsequent ones.

A cynical person might think that the increase in free clips and the launching of your own forum are not entirely unlinked? You couldd help prove it isn't and submit all these files to the memebr created files area.

There is far too much creative energy in the group to waste on squabbling. Can we just get back to our happy group? If you don't like it, it is a free world, you can leave at any time. I suspect that the majority would like to get back to talking about Producer.

Colin
Colin

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:21 pm

I have also stayed out, however, Colin put it very well. Dons comment about "the complaints must be coming from the ones offering stuff for sale" is nonsense. I have also gotten tired of the off the wall "loosely (very) linked to Proshow" stuff as well - and I have absolutely NO financial interest in a competing product whatsoever. Colin said it quite well (as have others). I refuse to take part in a ongoing debate - I've stated my position as one of the (mostly) silent bunch out there. I have better things to do than debate the issue. Trying to sort out the useful bits of information from the continuous "watch me momma, watch me momma" just isn't worth my time. Later.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby debngar » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:22 pm

Mike,

Thank you for tidying up the 3rd party section so members can more easily find the content they are looking for.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Previous

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications