burning iso blue ray ?

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
matwom

burning iso blue ray ?

Postby matwom » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:44 am

hi everyboby, ive recently started producing iso files instead of directly burning through proshow producer 4 because of time issue and burning going wrong.
i using imgburn to burn the iso to disk but im having promblems with getting the blue ray disks to play on my ps3.
i insert the disk into my player and the ps3 reconises the disk but when i click on the disk it doesnt play? it just opens up a file with about 6 other files in,i have tried opening theses files to get the disk to play but nothin works, im think its just a setting or something im doin wrong but carnt seem to get it.
when i produce dvd on high quality they work just fine, can some one please help me.

Re: burning iso blue ray ?

Postby Camlork » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:26 am

Hi
You don't give any details re your burning "tools" and procedure but for me the following works just fine and gives superb results using the PS3 player.

1. Create blu-ray iso file in PSP
2. Use ImgBurn to burn a blu-ray DVD with external LG BluRay DVD burner.
3. Play on computer from LG DVD
or
4. Play on HDTV using PS3 Blu-ray player - menu appears - click and plays fine.

I've also been able to burn a blu-ray disk of the show directly from PSP3 without any problems. Only downside is that it's a slow process and for some reason I haven't yet worked out the LG DVD writer insists on formatting the disk before it starts.
Usually I view iso files directly on the HDTV using either WDTV Player or Xtreamer player but though I'd just try producing a DVD disk after reading your post.

Ted

Postby debngar » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:37 am

I was wondering if a show can be rendered to blu-ray quality video file, copy the file on an external drive and plug directly into the TV to play via HDMI? Or is rendering to blu-ray strictly for burning to DVD disk and playing on a blue-ray DVD player? I don't own a blu-ray DVD player but since some people do and I've heard it doesn't play regular shows then I don't think they can watch my regular shows on their DVD player. This means I'll have to find a different means to display family stuff I've done this year on my brother's system for instance for Christmas, etc. Yikes - and only a week to figure that out! :(

Things are certainly getting a little more complicated these days. I would like to know more about this if it's possible or not.

Thoughts????
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:44 am

debngar wrote:I was wondering if a show can be rendered to blu-ray quality video file, copy the file on an external drive and plug directly into the TV to play via HDMI? Or is rendering to blu-ray strictly for burning to DVD disk and playing on a blue-ray DVD player? I don't own a blu-ray DVD player but since some people do and I've heard it doesn't play regular shows then I don't think they can watch my regular shows on their DVD player.

Rendering to Blu-Ray simply means you are burning the show in a format that is read by a certain type of DVD player. It is not like MOV, AVI, MPEG, MP4, etc. types of files where you can save it as a standalone file and play it if you have the right codecs. You either burn it directly to a DVD or you create an ISO file. If you simply want to plug a laptop or other device into your TV via HDMI for viewing your shows it would be better to save the show as an HD file that your device can play. The quality will be the same as a Blu-Ray DVD. 1080p or 720p is the same no matter the format it's saved to.

Blu-Ray DVD players can also play standard DVDs. They are not limited to Blu-Ray content only. They are backwards compatible, and in fact, the standard DVDs usually look much better than they normally might due to upconversion. Your shows should play just fine.

Mike

Postby debngar » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:55 am

Thanks Mike for clarifying that for me!

That's one less thing I have to figure out before Christmas in that case. Yeah! :D
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications