Looking for png site

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Re: Looking for png site

Postby trulytango » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:29 am

Hi Deb

An actions is a unique set of preset, task specific functions that Photoshop performs on your behalf. Some actions can get very complicated (that's why people create and sell them) and they can even stop and ask you what settings you want at specific stages i.e. they can be interactive. So if you need help with an action you have purchased, you should first check to see if it came with a tutorial document in the same download - if it didn't you should contact the person who created it or the site where you bought it.

There's usually a bit of user input prior to an action being run e.g. you have to have a certain document open or a particular layer active before you hit 'play' to set the action off. The command to 'play' an action is located at the bottom of the actions palette, alongside commands to 'pause' or stop'.

In relation to brushes, there are hundreds of tutorials (including videos) available online. The following blogsite has some pretty comprehensive ones to read:
http://vandelaydesign.com/blog/design/tutorials-photoshop-brushes/

TTFN
Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby AMD » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:09 am

Deb,

A Google of "How to use Photoshop actions" will probably lead you to detailed instructions on using the actions.

I love "playing" with them and as Iris has said, they can become addictive. I have begun to use them quite a bit in some of my shows.

To start with the actions, go to Windows>Actions; and it will bring up the pallet. Then, you will see an arrow in the upper right which you will click for the option to Load Actions and then migrate to your .atn file and double-click it and it will load. Then, just follow the instructions.

Another quicker way to load is to just double-click on the .atn file and it should load. You will love them, I think.

I figured them out; I know you will be able to.

Good luck.

Ann

Postby Deb » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:20 am

Thanks everyone for your help :wink:

I FINALLY came right after following everyones advise .... I am not the most patient person when it comes to technology so it was all a bit frustrating :x It helped getting some info in English from you guys!!! :lol: I have written it all down in my little PS book so I might find myself addicted too!!

Thanks again!!
Deb

Previous

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications