CaptionsAlive Pro

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Re: CaptionsAlive Pro

Postby debngar » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:38 am

For those who don't know Dave Fitzpatrick as long as I've had the pleasure of knowing him within the various Pro Show forums....

Although his number of posts in this forum is low, he has historically been a good member of this forum and other ProShow forums as well and a generous contributor of MANY NUMEROUS cool ProShow effects, ideas and such for a number of years.

When Gold users didn't have layering capabilities (pre 3.0), he shared the font mask technique for us at that time so to overcome some of the limitations of Gold, showing us how we could use a caption of a frame like dingbat font to layer on top of our pictures so they could move underneath the frame. This was back in October 2005!

Besides creating the 3 very neat programs more recently, VisisktchPro, HighlighterPro and CaptionsAlive Pro, there were these effects to mention a few, that he also shared with us when the program was not as sophisticated as it is now:

Illuminated frame - 4-2006
Page Peel - 5-2006
Sliding Tile Puzzle - 5-2006
Touchstone effect - 3-2006

So, before deciding to jump all over this person :shock: , do some checking first to save yourself embarrassment. Website problems can happen to anyone. He is legit and the website just needed to be fixed.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby kabeeo » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:42 am

Sorry you're going through that Dave. On the up side any word about the availability of new fonts? I would love to see one that would mimic an old typewriter font.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Kevin
--Kevin
Proshow Producer
Canon 50D
Elements 10

Postby Dave Fitzpatrick » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:04 am

Well, "I'm Baaaaaccccckkkkk".

What a comedy of errors. First the invalid (cancelled) credit card. Then the host's billing site somehow registered the expiration date of the new card as 2 years ago, even though I use it virtually every day. Then a phone call to the billing department and another credit refusal. After pulling my hair out, I call back and get the billing person to read back what she entered - right card number, right year, wrong month. Finally got it right after the third try. Jeeeezzzzzz.

But, my site should be back on line now. Please let me know if anything seems to be still broken.
Dave

The camera sees things the way they are. Photoshop makes them the way we'd like them to be.

http://www.mediadigitronics.com

Postby Dave Fitzpatrick » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:12 am

Kevin, I'll give some thought to the old typewriter thing. Since CAP was designed to script animate the letters, I'm not sure that it's the best program for that, although I think I can make it do it. I'll get back to you on this.
Dave

The camera sees things the way they are. Photoshop makes them the way we'd like them to be.

Postby bellzerr » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:55 am

Good news Dave. Your site comes up for me now. Phew! Don't you just hate it when that happens?
Mark

Postby Dave Fitzpatrick » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:35 am

Mark, yes I do. Particularly since I had nothing else useful I could have been doing today :(
Dave

Postby rirure » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:18 pm

1st Yes, your web site is up and runing for me now. :D I have downloaded CAP and bought it.

2nd, never implied that the owner (Dave) of the web site was a high jacker or not trustworthy, I said that the web site that opened to me looked like the classical "high jacked" site, that usually promotes related searches to failed or misspelled urls. that can happen for several reasons, including being actually high jacked (the web site) or being high jacked (my pc, local hosts file), I could not find anything wrong on my hosts file (not always a safe bet to assume you are ok even if you dont find evidence the first try) so I had to ask if there was something wrong with the web site at the moment (having read on the forum other entries/users that successfully had bought from the web site before I had no reason to think it was anything but a legitimate site), if other people could access the site with out problems, then for sure it was me in fault, if others could not access the site (as it eventually was confirmed to be the case) I had nothing to worry about my system.

On my next post, I pointed that serious, professional and inexpensive hosting is readily available now days. Again, not trying to imply that Dave was not professional or serious, but that perhaps he could find a better hosting company that protects him better from situations like this in the future.

Lastly, I was never judgmental of the person, but in any case, it is nice to see other people come foward to put a good word out. Sorry if I offended any one with my coments, it was not the itention at all.

PD sorry for the wall of text :oops:

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:01 am

All is well that ends well.

pd
regards.
pd

Postby bellzerr » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:21 am

rirure,
One of the frightening aspects of web site problems for web site owners is that we know it frightens visitors. Friends naturally come to the defense of friends - sometimes with great zeal. But they are good friends to have around. You're in good company on this forum. On the behalf of Dave and the forum members, thanks for following through in supporting a fellow member.
Mark

Postby Dave Fitzpatrick » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:25 am

I'll just chime in here and hopefully close this discussion out.

I harbor no ill will against any one here and I deeply appreciate the kindness of those who voiced their support. In Robert's defense, he is new to our board and, since I have not been overly active lately, he probably had no knowledge of me from the past. With all the internet scamming going on these days, I can understand his and rirure's scepticism and caution.

This is a terrific forum for the exchange of creative ideas and uses of the ProShow family of products. I hope that some here find my products useful in their video making endeavors as well. I'll continue to build new products as ideas come to me and support any and all who wish to use them.

In the meantime, I will also continue to develop an annual "giveaway" program for all who would like it. This year's giveaway is nearly finished - give me a week to clean up the interface and run some tests :-)

Here is what is does (with a sprinkle of CaptionsAlivePro thrown in at the end):

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 8630&alb=0
Dave

Previous

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications