CaptionsAlive Pro

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Esteemed Member

Re: CaptionsAlive Pro

Postby tjdowning » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:08 pm

Tried a few things on the trial and that's all I needed.
Just purchased it and will download asap!

Thanks Dave for exactly what myself and it sounds like everyone else has been waiting for!

-Terri :lol:

Postby nannybear » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:09 pm

Just bought, if Dave built it I know I will like it....will play on the weekend! Great Stuff Dave!
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby rdurga » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:35 pm

Hi Dave,

I need your help.

1. I have selected banner and typed the text in 'Text to script" box.
2. Clicked "draw the text" tab.
3. Then Clicked "Build avi file" tab.
4. Popup window opens. Gave a file name and clicked save.
5. I could see text being written in the banner and saw “evaluation copy” wording in the background.
6. Once the text is completely written, 'build avi file" tab grays out and "avi build complete" tab gets highlightened.
7. When I open the folder, I do not see avi file. I see only …lastframe.bmp file. It is a bitmap image.
8. What happened to avi file.

ram

Postby Dave Fitzpatrick » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:10 pm

Ram,

I haven't a clue. If the ..._LastFrame.bmp file is there, that's the folder the avi was written too. Could you check the sort order of your folder? Perhaps it is sorted by file type and not by name in which case the avi will be at the end of the folder's file listing since the file would be treated as a Video Clip

Could you try it again, this time into an empty folder so that only 2 files show up after the avi build, i.e., the avi and the last frame bmp.
Dave

The camera sees things the way they are. Photoshop makes them the way we'd like them to be.

http://www.mediadigitronics.com

Postby bellzerr » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:42 am

Don't smack me, but are you pressing F5 to refresh the files listed in the folder?
Mark

Postby kabeeo » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:57 am

Thanks for all the info Dave. I will be buying this weekend. Although to be honest the whole mask thing continues to escape me. Keyframes, modifers all that I am good with. Masks, not so much.
--Kevin
Proshow Producer
Canon 50D
Elements 10

Postby Dave Fitzpatrick » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:03 am

Kevin, I'm currently making a web page which will be populated with sample CAP projects. Some of these will be masks built in CAP and the associated .psh files for use in Producer. I think this will help get you started in the world of masking.
Dave

The camera sees things the way they are. Photoshop makes them the way we'd like them to be.

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:24 am

Kevin, keep at it with masks. If you never downloaded The Forum Book, do it now because there's a very basic and step-by-step explanation of intensity masks in it. Maybe it'll help. It took forever, it seemed, for me to grasp the concept, but it turns out to have been the simple matter of someone saying just the right thing to me at the right time. It'll work that way for you too. You'll see.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:36 am

Who was that masked man anyway ? :lol:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Dave Fitzpatrick » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:46 am

I don't know, but I wanted to thank him.
Dave

skiyak

Postby skiyak » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:12 am

Dave,
I sent a problem report, or at least I think I did -- have problem with my internet connection sometimes and there wasn't anything confirming.

Anyway, I created an avi but when I tried to play in windows media player, it did not recognize the file. It said that it cannot play the file. The player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

Is there a certain codec pak I should download?

Also had another question but that can wait if you get my other message.

Thanks.

wendy

Postby rdurga » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:07 am

Hi Dave,

Further to my trials to build avi file, I have selected the option "save all bmps" and "build @ 2x speed" for building avi files. I can see bmp folder with all the bmps and last bmp were saved. I cannot see avi file.

I may need codec to build your specific avi????

I am having similar problem with your Visisketchpro. I can build bmps but not avi file.

I will try any of the suggestions to make these programs work. Do I have to remove old codecs from the registry or somewhereelse? Pl advise - any of you on the forum???

ram

Postby kabeeo » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:08 am

BarbaraC wrote:Kevin, keep at it with masks. If you never downloaded The Forum Book, do it now because there's a very basic and step-by-step explanation of intensity masks in it. Maybe it'll help. It took forever, it seemed, for me to grasp the concept, but it turns out to have been the simple matter of someone saying just the right thing to me at the right time. It'll work that way for you too. You'll see.

Barbara

Thanks Barbara. It's funny you say that because looking at masks I KNOW it cant be that difficult. I just have some type of mental block!! Thanks for the encouragement.

Kevin
--Kevin
Proshow Producer
Canon 50D
Elements 10

Postby Dave Fitzpatrick » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:23 am

Wendy, there is no codec used by CAP - on purpose. CAP builds high resolution, uncompressed AVIs as its output. These are very large files as generated by CAP. If you import them into Gold or Producer, Photodex runs them through a compression algorithm to manage their size for shared shows.

As for Media Player not recognizing the file, I can't imagine why. There is no codec issue since there is no codec. I play many of my AVIs from CAP through Media Player to see if things are what I expect. You may see significant skipping and stuttering when playing through Media Player since the HD has to stream data very rapidly to feed the real time display demands.

Could you please build another simple AVI and try it in WMP to see if there was some sort of file corruption on your first attempt? Also, try dropping it on Producer's time line to see what happens there.
Dave

Postby Dave Fitzpatrick » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:27 am

Ram, as I explained to Wendy, CAP uses no codec. So it's not likely that this is the problem. Can you do a search of your HD for your specific avi file name using Windows' Search feature?

Anyone have any other ideas about what's going on with Ram's system? Mikey?
Dave

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications