DJ font collections & PSP

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

DJ font collections & PSP

Postby hiloduffer35 » Wed May 13, 2009 5:27 pm

Has anyone splurged on the new D.J. font collections and, if so, can they be used w/PSP? The 2nd collection is discounted and looks interesting. The first collection is tooooo expensive for my limited talent. The tutorial that I watched used PhotoShop as an intermediate software to "tweak" the font for the use the artist intended. I would just want to go directly to PSP w/the font and use it there. Any ideas?

Re: DJ font collections & PSP

Postby im42n8 » Wed May 13, 2009 6:39 pm

Oh yeah, I've got them all (got them when they first came out so the cost would be less ... plus I used some coupons!). Pretty interesting lot. I used them in the intro to my "Natures' Scenic Beauties" show.

The DJ Fonts are just like a tool. They let you do things quickly that might take awhile in Photoshop. The key, I think, if finding something that'll work for you. PS is definitely a needed tool (or PS Elements or something that imports PSD files) to provide some interesting tweaking.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

URTROUT

Postby URTROUT » Thu May 14, 2009 7:22 am

Also, you can use the Juicer, which is free from DJ at the following :

http://www.digitaljuice.com/products/pr ... sp?pid=223

I use it a lot. You can tweak and add effects to most anything DJ has--fonts, included. It may not do everything you might ever need, but I find it will do 95 % of the tweaks I need.

Postby hiloduffer35 » Thu May 14, 2009 9:56 am

Thanks for the responses. Coupons??? I never see any of those things, of course! Just checking. I use a lot of the DJ goodies, but wasn't certain that the fonts would be as simple. Guess I'll just have to buy the 2nd collection for the time being - that 1st collection is WAAAAAY past my pocketbook, especially since I'm a "just for fun" slideshow maker - in other words, nothing to offset the cost of my purchases!!!!!
Elizabeth

Postby im42n8 » Thu May 14, 2009 10:48 am

DJ Font's don't do a thing for you UNLESS you use the Juicer! That is, you have to use the juicer to use your DJ Fonts!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications