Photo Shop Elements 7 or Paint Shop Pro X2?

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Valued Member

Photo Shop Elements 7 or Paint Shop Pro X2?

Postby janera » Wed May 13, 2009 3:16 pm

I need some advice. Since I can't afford Photoshop CS4 and I really need to get new software I need a push in the right direction. I have older versions of photoshop elements (5) and (JASC) Paint Shop Pro (9). I tend to always use the Paint Shop software because it's easier but I think that keeps me from learning the things I should be learning! That and time :D , never enough time!
Jane

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Photo Shop Elements 7 or Paint Shop Pro X2?

Postby hardsoftware » Wed May 13, 2009 3:40 pm

I still use Photoshop Elements version 2 :oops: just because I am used to it and I can do what I need to do there. I also have Elements 5, but hardly ever use it unless I have to because it has something that version 2 doesn't have. I also have an older version of Photoshop 7, but that software is on my old XP machine which I hardly use anymore.

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Postby mrdcambs » Thu May 14, 2009 2:05 am

Jane: you say that you really need to get new software, but what is it you are looking to do that can't be done in Elements5 or PaintShop Pro 9? If you really must update then I would go for Elements 7, especially if you do your
own printing. PaintShop Pro X (which I no longer use) did not have the facility to use specific print profiles and I
was never able to get as good prints as I did from Elements 3. I don't believe that the latest Paintshop Pro release includes profile recognition. I have recently upgraded to Elements 7 because of the extra facilities over Vn.3, but I find that I don't really take advantage of them. You have Vn.5 and unless you have something specific in mind that Vn.7 can do that Vn.5 cannot, my advice would be to stick with Vn.5 and really get to know it.
Regards - Mike

Postby jojo » Thu May 14, 2009 5:32 am

Hi,
I would say go to Elements 7. I use PS Elements 7 in all my projects with ease. It was some of the features of CS4 but it is a little easier to use. The down side of Elements 7 is it has pesky alerts for tips and to upload your photos. That is a easy fix within the program itself. Or go to PS Elements 6. PS Elements 6 has almost all the features in PS Elements 7 without the alerts.

John

Postby kabeeo » Thu May 14, 2009 11:57 am

I use Elements 7 all the time in preparing and editing the pics to be used in a program. I started with v.3 and have upgraded along the way to v.7. I find in invaluable and just plain old fun on some projects. There is not much of a difference between v.6 and v.7, mainly the user interface and osme of the quick editing sliders that are availbale in v.7.

Just my .02.
--Kevin
Proshow Producer
Canon 50D
Elements 10

Valued Member

Postby janera » Thu May 14, 2009 1:34 pm

Thank you all for your responses. I think after reading what you all have said; I really should just stick with what I have and save myself some $$. I think what I really need to do is learn to use what I already have rather than thinking newer is better. Kind of like my golf clubs! :D Thanks again.
Jane

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications