Digital Juice - aaarrrggghhhh!!!

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
lynnlamie

Digital Juice - aaarrrggghhhh!!!

Postby lynnlamie » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:11 pm

Hi all

Thanks to all - especially Nannybear for her tutorials. I still have a few questions.
I just recieved my first Digital Juice goodies (Editor's Theme Kits) and am having some problems:

I don't know what size to use for my shows! I always use 4:3 for my shows - how does this translate to the Juicer in the Settings?

When you all talk about just dropping in backgrounds - where do I drop them in from?

When I tried to make a video animation and then render it, it told me to insert the CD. I own the correct CD, inserted it, my computer recognized it (I clicked "take no action") but the Juicer just kept telling me to insert the CD!

So I tried just dropping files in directly from the CD into a new PSP show. It seemed to work, but when I copied and pasted into a show I have been working on all week, the animation looked great - however ALL my pictures were blank! The motion effects were all still there, but not one picture out of 55! I opened one up to see if there was some sort of mask over them, but it just showed the layer as if there were a picture there. I cut the DJ slide, but it made no difference. So I had to start completely over - aaaarrrrggghhhh!

I love this forum and have learned so much from all you kind members. Can you help me this time? I am so grateful for you all!

Re: Digital Juice - aaarrrggghhhh!!!

Postby im42n8 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:23 pm

Install the Juicer FIRST. Next, install the preview files thru the juicer (I think it's under file-Install Preview, or something like that). This puts all of the information about the item you purchased into the Juicer databases for your previews. You probably should identify a disk with LOTS of disk space available for the forseeable future (you might get hooked on DJ stuff ... and you may end up with LOTS of it). The first disk is usually the one Juicer uses for it's purposes.

Use the Juicer for outputting all of your DJ files! After you've selected an item, it's in the tray on the right. Selecting this area (unless you use a wizard) will take you to the area where you define what kind of output you want.

In the upper left corner of the juicer (I don't have it in front of me right now), there's a place where you choose your resolution (hd or sd as the case maybe ...or custom). Anyway, some of the items, movies for instance, need to know how much time and you select it next.

At the bottom area is where you select AVI or MOV (or whatever) for your output type and where you want to save it to disk.

In PSP, you drop it (png, tiff, avi, MOV, etc) in your show as you would any other image.

Good Luck!

Dale

lynnlamie

Postby lynnlamie » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:46 pm

Thanks Dale -

I'm off to try it by following your steps. At the risk of sounding like a total fool - what do sd or hd stand for? Is it like HD TV? Sorry to be so dense!

Thank you so much for your reply - I will let you know how it goes....

Postby im42n8 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:57 pm

Oh, sorry. :lol: :wink:

HD is the acronym for high definition (read that as of 16:9 ratio!)
SD is the standard definition (commonly referred to as 4:3).

Dale

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications