Picassa 3

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Picassa 3

Postby jdgouk » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:55 pm

Just downloaded Picassa3 from google.

In addition to the usual useful features for organising my picture collection and basic image editing/correction there are some interesting new features.

1. Can now be used to organise and play video clips. Great for finding the right clip before dropping it into PSP.
2. A neat create collage function - great for a quick way to create a jpg with multiple photos on. I've used it a couple of times in shows for the fly over type slide.
3. A useful retouch function (a basic verion of Photoshop spot healing brush) - useful for cleaning up blemishes on faces.
4. Also noticed it now has a very basic (and I do mean basic) slideshow creation feature. A first stab at entering this market for google. It's not worth using compared to PSP/PSG - the transitions are fixed for all slides in a show as is the time length. On the plus side it will let novices create something more compelling than the usual static slideshows and also allows upload to googles YouTube site.

I know a number of my family use it for image editing - they are not all as lucky as me in having Photoshop for their editing.

Jason.

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications