Tutorials best for Adobe PhotoShop CS

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Tutorials best for Adobe PhotoShop CS

Postby dkelley » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:46 pm

I'm looking for some advice. I would like to learn PhotoShop CS and the best way for me to learn is visual. Does any one have any suggestions on what is book or video is best to learn how to create borders, layers, masking etc. I'm looking for something $100. Thanks di

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Tutorials best for Adobe PhotoShop CS

Postby TinaJ » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:06 am

Have you googled? Lots of free tutorials out there. Down side is having to switch back and forth between your browser window and your photoshop window. Also, check out youtube, Gavin has tutorials for photoshop, not sure which version, but he can't be the only one doing them there. I'm also visual, but watching and stopping a video, then doing it myself, works better for me than reading about it and then trying to replicate what I've read.
TinaJ
PSG 3, PSP 4, Photoshop CS, Sony Alpha 200,
Grade 2/3 teacher
Somebody's Nanny all the time!

Postby heckydog » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:18 am

You can also try lynda.com. They have excellent tutorials on virtually every Adobe product. You can buy the dvd's for varying prices or you can subscribe to the website on a monthly or annual basis. The yearly cost is $250 but the monthly subscription is $25 and that gives you several months to learn what you need to know.

They have been invaluable to me in learning the various apps.

Joe

Postby Frankie » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:12 am

I second Heckydog's recommendation on Lynda.com. The tutorials are very good. Many of them will let you try them to a certain level without paying so that you can see if you like the format. They have tutorials on many different things. I think I could spend entire weeks on them if my family didn't insist on things like meals and clean clothes :roll:
Frankie

Postby nannybear » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:03 pm

Frankie, you crack me up! I work a 40 hour a week job and then have to decide how to spend my other 4 hours before I have to be in bed! Hmmmmmmm
1. excersize (sp)
2. Make dinner
3. Spend time with hubby
4. Do slide shows
5. Visit forums - 4 of them ( watch shows - like that happens often...)
6. Create art
7. Work for clients ( slideshows, graphic design, custom art, photo restoration, flash intros)
8. I give up........ :wink:

Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby Frankie » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:13 pm

Hey, Jan. I'm with you on the list and it keeps growing but at least we know how to have fun and keep things interesting. The more you know, the more you know you don't know. It's hard to imagine ever being bored when there are so many ways to be creative.

Frankie

Postby dkelley » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:28 am

---
Last edited by dkelley on Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby dkelley » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:29 am

One more question, I have found this website. http://www.photoshopfasttrack.com/psft/
Its a program that you signup for and pay monthly. I'm curious if anyone else has used it and could you give me the pros and cons. I'm a little leary about giving my credit card.

thanks
di

Postby nannybear » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:12 am

I would stick with Lynda.com, you can pay monthly and the tutorials are well worth it. I am always leary of these types of sites as they don't look very professional or structured. Notice how he keeps knocking the price down? It's like one of those informercials. Hope that helps! Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby dkelley » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:21 am

THANK YOU!! Thats what I was thinking.

Postby Auster » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:16 pm

Have a look at these tutorials.

They're the right price as well.

Postby bbdigital » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:52 pm

I am a bit late for this thread, but try

www.beckhamdigital.co.uk

Tutorials for CS - CS2 - CS3 - AV - Sound Editing and more

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:15 am

I have been impressed with the tutorials from TotalTraining.com -- they often have the older versions (CS, CS2 etc) for MUCH less than the original price. Some people don't care to listen to Deke, but I found him actually fairly easy to listen to and I learned a lot from having the DVD's -- watch them once then go back and go through the exercises as you listen a second time. Check out their closeout specials -- I see they still have the CS2 and CS2 Advanced for $49 (the CS2 one is about 24 hours or so !! ) [edit] just noticed on their home page, it says you can save 25% on everything sitewide -- might want to see if that applies to the closeout stuff as well - an even better price !!
http://www.totaltraining.com/prod/closeout.asp

Another site I have been interested in that seems to have some good stuff is Photoshopessentials.com
http://www.photoshopessentials.com/
Their prices seem reasonable and the tutorials I have viewed seemed quite good -- anybody else have any experience with them ??

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - Third Party Applications