Audacity

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Valued Member

Audacity

Postby u7mg0 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:46 pm

just downloaded. i opened a song, and when i press play, all i get is a quick ding. it wont play the song. i opened another song, same thing. seems to happen with .wma files. mp3 seem to work. how can i get a wma file to work? also, is there a tutorial on how to use it? the help is pretty lame.

thx

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Audacity

Postby Studio7Productions » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:44 pm

As far as I am aware, Audacity does not support wma files, you will need a wav/MP3 converter first.

WavPad is a good one, and free to download

http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/

Regards

Mel
PSP v 5: Adobe CS5 Extended:Sony Soundforge Pro 10: Canon 50D: Canon EOS 1000D: Nikon D40:

" Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. "
Sir Winston Churchill

Postby bigsewed » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:07 pm

Wav is not supported by Audacity...
I use cDex...free...as converter...
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/C ... -4676.html

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Studio7Productions » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:14 pm

WAV is supported by Audacity if you use the Import Audio feature instead of Open File

Also if you download Wavpad for free, you get the toolbox, with a multitude of Converters, Rippers etc, well worth downloading just for the toolbox

I just tried it, and it works for me.

M
PSP v 5: Adobe CS5 Extended:Sony Soundforge Pro 10: Canon 50D: Canon EOS 1000D: Nikon D40:

" Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. "
Sir Winston Churchill

Return to PSG - Third Party Applications