Scrapbooking and producer

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Valued Member

Postby noddie » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:27 pm

Hi again
I was wondering if anyone in the group knows if it is possible to use scrapbook to
produce a jpg of your photo and be able to then use it as a slide in producer?
I note a spotlighted show by Erik Simon (on Photodex site) using something similar and wondered if
a 3rd party application was used for his reproduction. I thought is was wonderful
Regards
Noddie
Auckland, NewZealand
Land of the Long white cloud

Postby nannybear » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:36 pm

As long as your picture is in a format supported by Producer you should not have a problem. PS - you posted this in the PSG section :wink: Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Valued Member

Postby noddie » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Thankyou heaps for your reply. Have you ever gtried scrapbook for this at all.
Kindest regards
Noddie
Auckland, NewZealand

Postby nannybear » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:58 pm

Is it a program Gwen?
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite

Valued Member

Is it a program?

Postby noddie » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:00 pm

:)
Hi Nannybear
Love the name.
Yes it is electronic scrapbooking software. Insgtead of doing it by hand the computer generates
the template for you.
I think 'Erik Simon' on the fron page of Photodex shows, (spotlight) I think,
might have used something along these lines, if you have time to look. It is called 'My Life so Far'
I think you could make a jpg of the item and insert it into PSG. I have both Producer and Proshow Gold.
I have just upgraded to Producer and am still learning it.
I love this group and hunted for some time till I found you all. It is wonderful to know there are
enthusiasts such as myself.

Best wishes

:P
Noddie
Auckland, NewZealand

Postby trulytango » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:47 am

Hello Gwen

I was interested to see the show you referred to but I cannot see anything by Erik Simon on the Spotlighted Shows page (or any other 'Sharing' area I tried) up on Photodex. I love digital scrapbooking but I don't t use the program you mentioned... that's why I'd like to watch the show.

If you do not know Erik Simon's Photodex-member name, can you post a direct link to the page i.e find your way to the show again and copy the URL in the address bar - then post it back here?

Thanks
Iris
UK

Postby nannybear » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:23 am

Hi Iris, He was one of contest winners in the May contest. I am at work so can't watch right now Gwen, but will try when I get home. Can you post a link to the software you are using? There a quite a few out there but I will check out the one you are specifically talking about. Cheers Jan

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/spotlig ... 7-5-2.html

jaynemac

Postby jaynemac » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:56 am

Gwen,
I use Scrapbook Maxi and I also use a lot of downloaded shared templates etc. from the scrapbook blogs and sites and many of items I use in my scrapbook pages work great in Producer - the paper scraps as textures and background, elements to add interest. The neat thing is - IF you are really good at both scrapbooks and Producer you can actually create parts of the page as part of your show. (Like add a ribbon/bow - pins/buttons and send in the pictures on the paper scraps etc. I find it works neat for babies - wedding's but don't like the effect for trips and scenery.
Jayne

Digital Scrapbook-style show

Postby trulytango » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:21 pm

Thanks for the link Jan... I appreciate you finding it.

What a nice show. Don't know what I was doing back in May, but I seem to have missed out on viewing the 3 prizewinning shows that month. Will try to find time to catch up soon.

Re scrapbooking etc... I think the best tool/software you can have is a decent image editing program such as Photoshop or Elements. That way you get to create all your own (unique) background papers and elements and be free to use them in your own shows without crediting someone else? Scrapbooking sites may offer cheap downloads, but it's easy to spend a lot of money on what you could possibly create yourself (and very easily too).. the best thing I ever bought was a book - "Digital Scrapbooking in Easy Steps" by John Slater. So much information for so little money... here's the link for anyone who might be interested:

http://www.ineasysteps.com/books/details/?1840783036

Happy scrapping!
Iris
UK

Valued Member

Proshow and scrapbooking

Postby noddie » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:04 pm

:D
Thanks to all who replied to my post. I am sorry I did not include the url, but glad it has
been included in a recent posting. I appreciate the comments on iuse of software as I
have Photoshop and Paint shop pro. I shall have to play around with my programs to
see if I can get the efffect I want. I find I need a little help in developing s good result.
The other way is to view Maxi and see what if offers. Btw Jayne do you have any templates
that might include Maxi for perusal? Ta
Experimenting is such fun.

Best Regards
:P
Noddie
Auckland, NewZealand

Hayley

Postby Hayley » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:03 pm

Hi Gwen,
I am interested in doing a scrapbooking style show too and I also got my inspiration from Erik's show a few weeks back. I am still using Gold but want to update to Producer...just a little scared of it!
I'd be interested to keep track of what you come up with...maybe you and I and Iris can help each other a little? I lile the idea of the elements flying in too, but think we would have to watch not to overdo that part otherwise it would take away from the main focus...the subject!
Another forumite, Sharon, has done a couple of scrapping shows with Producer which she did a beautiful job on. I was able to view the first one but the second took so long downloading that I think it locked up my puter. The show is still on the first page under sample shows in the Producer section...where this thread should be. Maybe Mike will move it over there for you.
Have a look at Sharons show.
I don't use any scrapping software as I just can't afford to have everything I 'need' :lol: but love using Photoshop to create stuff, although I am pretty green still.
Iris...I will look up that book...thanks for the link? Gotta love this forum! :D

Hayley

Digital scrapbooking in easy steps

Postby Hayley » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:10 pm

Iris..the book is available here in Australia too...but is priced at $35...which is quite pricey. Convince me that it's wirth the money! Please! :lol:

Valued Member

Postby noddie » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:26 pm

Shall keep an eye on this and as you say maybe hope we can all help each other. I am fairly
new to this as well. Agreed not to overdo it with too many flying objects and focus on the
main. Am off for a few days now, so shall keenly wait to get online again soon.
Best for now
Noddie
Auckland, NewZealand

Valued Member

Postby noddie » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:37 pm

Hi again
I have just watched some of the work by Sharon, and what a wonderful show.
I have a long way to go, truly awesome
Noddie
Auckland, NewZealand

jaynemac

Postby jaynemac » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:59 pm

Gwen,
Here are a couple of links for scrapbooking - (I Am NOT trying to promote anyones product or blog) just trying to help those who use Producer/Gold that might want to scrapbook also. (I do both as want a reg. photgraphic record of events as well as digital) and have them printed at Costco (1.49 for 8x10 which is the size I use in my books.)
I agree that using Photoshop and doing your own is fun and creative. Sometimes I just don't have the time and need some help. I started doing colleges 12 years ago before digital scrapbooking or Pro Show were ever heard of to go along with my genealogy.
Scrapbook Maxi (has a free trial which I would suggest you try before you consider buying a program)
www.scrapbookmax.com/site/index.php
This gal has a list of freebies and all kinds of stuff and info that she does everyday.
http://scrap-a-lot.blogspot.com/
This gal has about 40 freebie kits that I really like.
http://petitmoineaux.blogspot.com/2007/ ... efois.html

I would love to see Sharon's shows. Can you tell me where you found it???
Thanks,
Jayne

Next

Return to PSG - Third Party Applications