Switch to full style
Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Post a reply

Upload to YouTube

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:03 am

What are the proper settings for uploading a slideshow to YouTube?

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

Re: Upload to YouTube

Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:29 am

A good all-round setting (assuming you're speaking of quality) is 720 at its highest (HD) quality.

Barbara

Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:06 am

Is PSGold limited to 720? Producer shows render to 1080 when I output to the best YT quality choice. Just wondering. I know there are some differences in abilities between the program capabilities.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:41 am

debngar wrote:Is PSGold limited to 720? Producer shows render to 1080 when I output to the best YT quality choice. Just wondering. I know there are some differences in abilities between the program capabilities.

I seriously doubt Gold would be different. I was simply giving what can be a good compromise when a show is large. It can reduce the chance of a show pausing somewhere in the middle or wherever to buffer. After others pointed out the error of my ways, I now go for top-of-the-line, rendering to an AVI and uploading from YouTube. A plus to doing it this way is that YouTube holds your preferences and ProShow doesn't. So, if you like to initially and always upload a show as unlisted, you can't do this through ProShow.

Barbara

Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:43 am

HowardK1 wrote:What are the proper settings for uploading a slideshow to YouTube?

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

In addition to the comments posted in response to your question, if you look at ProShow's Publish>YouTube choices, you can choose any quality you want in the simple drop-down list. The word "proper" may not have been what you wanted to ask but maybe you're looking for quality choices? Numerous choices are listed from top, "YT standard quality" to bottom (highest quality) "High Definition 1080p BEST" . The choice is up to you.
Post a reply