Advanced Captions

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Advanced Captions

Postby UnclePaul » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:16 am

Hi,

Just curious what packages any of you have found to work easily for making nice captions for PSG. Assuming they will be saved as graphics or maybe even video, but compatible with GOLD.

I have made one or two with Paint.net, but find their captions (text) styles etc a bit limited.

Any ideas, tips or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Paul

Re: Advanced Captions

Postby im42n8 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:14 am

You'll be able to create fonts with just about any graphics package (Photoshop, Photo-Paint, Gimp, etc) . . . it just takes building up the expertise.

Quick creations are possible with Digital Juice's Digital Fonts. There's quite a bit of control relative to to size, look, feel, etc. Plus, you can export each character or caption suitable for editing in a Photoshop (for tweaking) or directly for use in your show. There are also some plugins available for extra control within their Juicer Program (which is the main area where all the work is done with their products. Not much of a learning curve.

Then, there's Genetica, from Spiral Graphics. It's for creating seamless textures. Well, it does text now too. There's a bit of a learning curve but less than in Photoshop (for the advanced text features). These can be saved in Genetica's native format (for later editing) or in a suitable graphic format for Gold/Producer in multiple resolutions.

Those are two that I'm aware of. But, too, neither are really cheap. Depends on how often you intend on using them and whether it's worth it to you.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Re: Advanced Captions

Postby UnclePaul » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:28 am

Hi,

Thanks for the info, took a quick look at them, quite liked the first package till I saw the price. You were correct, a tad expensive for me.

Will pursure Gimp and RealDraw Pro for now.

Regards.

Paul

Return to PSG - Third Party Applications