Switch to full style
Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Post a reply

Exploring 360 degrees panoramas ?

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:14 am

Hi again.
The heading was maybe a little confusing, but I dont know how to write a good short heading.
I wonder if somebody of you out there have tried any of the small programs that can make 360 degrees panorama pictures?
And, will it be usable in PSG?
To ilustrate the idea:(Example)
Is it possible that I make a 360 degree panorama of my livingroom.
Then make a "slideshow" of it. ( Import it to PSG)
Then when the wiever look it they can follov the tripp around, and stop the show when it is zooming in for example on a picture on the wall.
( Could also be used on real estate ofcourse)
And, If it is practichal usable. Do you have any recomandations for an easy program to start with?

Best regards
jacktar

Re: Exploring 360 degrees panoramas ?

Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:01 pm

I have not seen anyone producing a 360 degree slide show in ProShow to the degree you are describing. I believe you will need a specialized program capable of producing a virtual interactive internet flash tour using a program like Panorama Tourweaver: http://www.easypano.com/virtual-tour-software.html

Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:39 pm

pilotdan63 wrote:I have not seen anyone producing a 360 degree slide show in ProShow to the degree you are describing. I believe you will need a specialized program capable of producing a virtual interactive internet flash tour using a program like Panorama Tourweaver: http://www.easypano.com/virtual-tour-software.html

Thank you for your answer pilotdan63.
The tour software is very interesting, but isnt it possible to make ( fake) a 360 tour with a lighter program?,
Let the panorama go from "one place to for eksample a displayed model, zoom in on the model, and zoom out again, then go to the next "item" and do the same aso. And use the pause button to stop on the interesting places, or wll this be stupid?

Best regards
jacktar

Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:46 pm

Yes I suppose you could take a series of pictures and add them into Proshow with an A/B fade between each picture and then program in whatever movement you desire but after you render your show it would be "locked in" so to speak. The only thing you could do at that point would be to pause your show, not zoom in and out whenever you wanted.

The program I suggested earlier allows for "interactive movement and control" after the show has been completed. In other words . . . it allows the viewer to control the panning, zooming and pausing. There are many other 360 degree tour programs available such as: http://www.realtourvision.com/360-panor ... tware.html so just do a Google search and you will see :wink:

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:42 pm

A number of image editors (PhotoShop Elements for one) will 'stitch' a series of images together to create a panorama out of it. Some cameras will also do it right in the camera--see if yours has a panorama mode or an in-camera 'stitch' function.

The resulting image will be very large but might work in PSG just fine--you'd zoom in on the front portion and move the image across the slide to the end of it. Use the slide time to control how fast it moves. Also, keep in mind that the 3 dimensional effect is missing and an all around shot like that might be confusing to the viewer.

You might try creating something simple like a 2-image stitch to experiment with.

Dick

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:25 pm

Thank you I will try out what is possible :D
But, I would also like to try out one of the 360-virtual tour programs.
Is there one of you out there who can recomend a small program that can use still photos ( like a slideshow)( I dont have, and will not use a video camera)
and that is relatively easy to use for a beginner?
I dont need the fansy stuff like google maps and popup windows. Just a show that the user have some control over.
like start/stop and zoom in/out, and Running forward/backwords.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:58 am

Hi jacktar,

I also wanted to make a 360° panorama, viewed in Proshow. My camera can take panorama's, but the quality isn't as good as I want. So I took 8 pictures with a 26mm lens. To stitch the photo's you must use the (free) program Microsoft ICE (Image Composite Editor). Click File»New Panorama. ICE is far better then Photoshop or Elements.
See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEOjZTZb-28 for a demo. It's amazing!
Now you can view this pano ONES in Proshow, but if you'd want to view it twice or more constantly as if in one go, the end of the first frame doesn't fit to the beginning of the second frame. How this problem can be solved... I wonder if there's anyone there to help us out!
Bye the way, here you can download a panorama-viewer: http://www.wpanorama.com/wpanorama.php?r=1402401699
Post a reply