Switch to full style
Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Post a reply

CAPTIONS ALIVE

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:43 am

Wondering if anyone knew where I could find a tutorial on Captions Alive pro. I downloaded the trial and have no clue how to use it. Thanks

Re: CAPTIONS ALIVE

Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:28 am

Dave has a couple of sample shows demonstrating how to do it and what you need to do -- see
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yh-vMbEia8&fmt=22 or
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=153618
Also check out the other stuff on YouTube for Fitz9016. I don't have Captions installed on this machine right now, but there was also some help available in the program itself as well as some pointers to some other stuff if I remember correctly (this reminds me I need to get it installed on my new machine so I can use it again).

mikey

Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:28 am

thanks, I did see both of those. However, I still don't know how to use it. In the trial version I test it and when I put it over an image in Producer - it covers the entire photo with the caption along with a background. I need to watch how it is done. I want to purchase it, but I'm worried I still won't be able to use it. Thanks for your time

Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:28 pm

The trick involves using it as a mask otherwise you end up exactly as you did with the caption taking over the show. I can't remember the exact sequence (and have to work on the "honeydo" list right now) but I did drop Dave a note and ask him to pop in and see if he could help you. It actually works quite well - you just need the mask part.

mikey (off to sorting and filling the recycle bin for tomorrow)

Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:17 pm

To follow up on Mikey's reply, here is what you need to do.

(1) build the avi in CAP as white lettering on a black background
(2) set up your stack in Producer this way:

Top Layer - CAP White on Black AVI, set as an grayscale layer mask
2nd Layer - the color you want your lettering to be
3rd Layer - the image you want the scripting to overlay

That should do it.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:29 pm

Thanks, this was great. I appreciate the help. I need to practice before I purchase though. Thanks again, Sandy
Post a reply