Why won't my program recognize my file as a widescreen?

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
pshow_fan

Why won't my program recognize my file as a widescreen?

Postby pshow_fan » Sun May 09, 2010 8:50 pm

I have pre-recorded widescreen footage inserted in my video editing program (pinnacle), but when I try to add a photoshow created slideshow, the pinnacle says that I cannot add non widescreen video into a widescreen project.

I don't understand, last time I checked, I set up the slide show as a widescreen so I wouldn't have incompatibilty problems.

I would appreciate your help.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Why won't my program recognize my file as a widescreen?

Postby briancbb » Mon May 10, 2010 11:33 pm

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately I am not a Pinnacle user, so do not have a direct answer, just a couple of questions.

Are you sure your Proshow is set to widescreen? Visually it is possible to tell the difference on the preview screen between 4:3 and 16:9.

Will Pinnacle accept your Proshow output into another fresh project, that does not have your pre-recorded footage?
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby heckydog » Tue May 11, 2010 5:51 am

In Studio 14, under Setup>Project Preferences>Project Format, set it to use NTSC widescreen. Then add your slide show video first and see if it accepts it as a widescreen video.

Joe

Postby gpsmikey » Tue May 11, 2010 6:24 am

Not sure what format your widescreen footage is you are inserting, but I believe a number of formats do not have any indicator for the software to tell it that it is widescreen. In Sony Vegas, when I bring in widescreen uncompressed avi that I have created in Producer, I still have to tell Vegas that it is widescreen (right click the clip and set the properties to widescreen). This is in spite of the fact that the Vegas project is set to widescreen already. (I just started playing with widescreen myself, so this is a bit new to me also).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - Third Party Applications