IMG Burn

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Bill McMahon

IMG Burn

Postby Bill McMahon » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:11 pm

I have seen so many references in this forum to the use of Img Burn for creating DVDs. I just read on line that Img Burn was formerly "DVD Decrypter". Can anyone verify that as a fact? I recently downloaded a copy of DVD Decrypter and got a virus! I've used DVD Decrypter in the past with success but I now use Nero.
Bill

Re: IMG Burn

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:25 pm

I believe that imgburn and DVDDecrypter were written by the same person (DVD Decrypter is no longer being updated since the powers from the film industry went after him). The latest version of imgburn is 2.5.0.0 (relatively recent) and I use it all the time. I have yet to find anything infecting any download of imgburn that I have used. Imgburn is used by LOTS of people all the time - not only here, but if you read in the Sony Vegas video editing forum, you will see that quite a few use it there as well.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: IMG Burn

Postby briancbb » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:33 am

DVDDecrypter is a means of circumnavigating the copy protection placed on DVD by the commercial companies. Depending on where it is downloaded from, the software may have been violated and contain viri (is that the plural of virus), as really the software was already performing illegal operations.

Imgburn is in a different category, and downloaded from imgburn.com is quite safe.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Return to PSG - Third Party Applications