Flaring letters or fonts

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Re: Flaring letters or fonts

Postby heckydog » Wed May 06, 2009 10:30 am

BarbaraC wrote:Joe, it's a hundred dollars!!!!!!!!

Barbara

Ah yes, the price!

Well, uh, that's another reason why I use it so much :oops:

Got to get my moneys worth out of it :wink:

otoh, I have seen occasional specials where it's half price. Matter of fact I think that not too long ago Digital Juice may have had it as one of their 1/2 price specials. That doesn't help now but if I see any specials I'll be sure to post it.

Joe :D

crisceci3433

Postby crisceci3433 » Wed May 06, 2009 1:07 pm

Which eye candy is it? i see 3 impact, nature, texture?
:D :mrgreen:

Postby BarbaraC » Wed May 06, 2009 1:21 pm

Definitely, Joe, do post any specials you spot. I know it could work in nicely with the designing I'm doing these days, but I'm a horrible cheapskate. Never buy anything at full price. Yesterday was a grand coup for this cheapskate: I bought a pair of designer jeans for a whopping four dollars. Now that was the buy of the century.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby heckydog » Wed May 06, 2009 1:53 pm

crisceci3433 wrote:Which eye candy is it? i see 3 impact, nature, texture?
:D :mrgreen:

Impact is the one with the bevel, plus a bunch of other effects. I think they have a demo you can try for 30 days. Try it out.

I hope Steve doesn't think we're hijacking this thread :roll: . The original thread was about doing the total effect so we can't forget that I used two other apps to complete it.

Joe

Postby PhotoMill » Thu May 07, 2009 4:45 pm

Joe,

You have hit the nail right on the head. That's exactly the type of thing that I am looking for. Other than a few modification re font, depth of bevel and "burned look" after the flaring, you pretty well dun dood it!

From your demo, I see that it can be done! I'll get in touch with you hopefully this weekend with a few other specs. My work life is consuming all of my free experimentation time so I'll send you a photo of the churches stone wall and a font style.

We'll post the final here for all to see.

Thank you...
...Steve
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Canon 50D & 70D, Epson 4990 Scanner, Epson R1800 printer
Lumapix, Paint Shop Pro X6, ProShow Producer 9
Video Studio Pro X5

Postby heckydog » Tue May 12, 2009 4:55 pm

PhotoMill wrote:Joe,

You have hit the nail right on the head. That's exactly the type of thing that I am looking for. Other than a few modification re font, depth of bevel and "burned look" after the flaring, you pretty well dun dood it!

From your demo, I see that it can be done! I'll get in touch with you hopefully this weekend with a few other specs. My work life is consuming all of my free experimentation time so I'll send you a photo of the churches stone wall and a font style.

We'll post the final here for all to see.

Thank you...
...Steve

I thought I had posted a reply but I guess not. Anyway, I created a revised version viewable here, http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 7725&alb=0, hopefully incorporating your thoughts on how you'd like it to look. about 15MB, 49 seconds.

I like how this effect turned out, I'm going to use it myself one of these days. :) Maybe we'll have to call it the "Steve Effect" since you're the one that inspired the idea, from a previous idea, from a movie, that was a re-make of another movie. :lol:

Joe

Postby PhotoMill » Wed May 13, 2009 8:13 am

Hi Joe,

Wow, this is getting better by the moment. The "Steve Effect"... :mrgreen: Gawd, I love it. hahaha

I had not seen this re-make anywhere. If you want to keep playing with it, the font I had in mind was "Comic Sans". As well, if you are really looking to super enhance this, would it be possible to put a mild "scorched look" around the letters after the burn in? (I know.. where did this guy come from? ... :lol: ) But,... you are doing it!! However, if it is getting to be "a little much" then scrap the scorching aspect of it.

My next plan at this end, is to take a photo of an extremely old grave marker. You know the ones..., they are white and have the "tablet" look to them. In most cases, the inscription is so badly worn, you can't read it any more. Now, with a little work via Paint Shop Pro, I plan to "install" this tablet into the church wall. From there, your efforts will take stage right and it should be an eye popper to say the very least.

If you really want to play with this further, the actual text will be:

"Official Site
of the
10th Anniversary of
JTTF"

July 17-19

St. Raphaels, Ontario
Canada" (centered text and minus the quotes of course)

My vision was to have the top part perhaps 2 sizes larger than the other 2 parts. In fact part 3 (location) could even be smaller.

If you would truly like to take this to the end Joe, I'll email a picture of the church ruins wall to you this weekend. ( as well as a clean photo of a "tablet" for the flaring text). Let me know if you are interested. (I already know you are) :D

Full credit to you and your work will be awarded. I'll need your email address for file xfer and end of show credit. The shows goes out on painted and burned DVD's throughout the province and to all of the Bishops in Ontario. It's a really BIG deal around here !!!

For anyone that is interested, my very first PSG show was the JTTF effort. JTTF stands for "Journey to the Father" and it is a summer event for Catholic kids who are of high school age and in that "stage of life" where every move is a major question mark. It's all good !! In actuality, there is about 20% religious effort and the remaining 80% of the weekend deals with teen problems which are all dealt with by teen professionals.

My show (very first remember, and made in haste) is found here:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 7530&alb=0

So, after viewing the show and it's simplicity, you might now see why I want to move to an ultimate digital venue via ProShow Producer. I will soon be leaning there but before I do, I need to add a minor something to this forum site.

Anyway..., still interested Joe ?? Sure hope so at this end !!!!!!

Take care...
...Steve
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Video Studio Pro X5

Postby PhotoMill » Wed May 13, 2009 9:08 am

Hi Joe,

Wow, this is getting better by the moment. The "Steve Effect"... :mrgreen: Gawd, I love it. hahaha

I had not seen this re-make anywhere. If you want to keep playing with it, the font I had in mind was "Comic Sans". As well, if you are really looking to super enhance this, how about a mild "scorched look" around the letters. (I know.. where did this guy come from? ... :lol: ) But you are doing it!! If it is getting to be "a little much" then scrap the scorching.

My next plan at this end, is to take a photo of an extremely old grave marker. You know the ones..., they are white and have the "tablet" look to them. In most cases the inscription is so badly worn, you can't read it any more. Now, with a little work via Paint Shop Pro, I plan to "install" this tablet into the church wall. From there, your efforts will take stage right, and it should be an eye popper to say the very least.

If you really want to play with this further, the actual text will be:

"Official Site
of the
10th Anniversary of
JTTF"

July 17-19

St. Raphaels, Ontario
Canada" (centered text and minus the quotes of course)

My vision was to have the top part perhaps 2 sizes larger than the other 2 parts. In fact part 3 (location) could even be smaller.

If you would truly like to take this to the end Joe, I'll email a picture of the church ruins wall this weekend. ( as well as a clean photo of a "tablet" for the flaring text). Let me know if you are interested. (I already know you are) :D

Full credit will be awarded at the end of the show for your work. I'll need your email address for file xfer and end of show credit.

For anyone that is interested, my very first PSG show was the JTTF effort. JTTF stands for "Journey to the Father" and it is a summer event for Catholic kids who are of high school age and in that "stage of life" where every move is a major question mark. It's all good !! In actuality, there is about 20% religous effort and the remaining 80% of the weekend deals with teen problems and dealt with by teen professionals.

My show (very first remember, and made in haste) is found here:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 7530&alb=0

So, after viewing the show and it's simplicity, you might now see why I want to move to an ultimate digital venue via ProShow.

Still interested Joe ?? Sure hope so at this end !!!!!!

Take care...
...Steve
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Video Studio Pro X5

Postby heckydog » Wed May 13, 2009 10:26 am

Steve,

Now that I've worked out the technique, the execution is just a matter of doing it.

Because the actual text is an overlay, I can do that now and add the background at any time. I can add the "scorched edge" too. I actually did try it but it doesn't show up really well against the background that I used. What I can do is create a separate layer for the scorching and turn it on or off depending on how it looks.

Out of necessity, the text will have to be large enough so the effect looks realistic. That may require that the photo is zoomed in so the tablet is large enough on the screen. I'm sure that won't be a problem for you. I may also move a few words around in order to better balance the text.

I can probably have a sample posted in a couple days. BTW, I showed a friend of mine the revised version and we are going to use it in a video we're collaborating on. See what you started? :wink:

Joe

Previous

Return to PSG - Third Party Applications