Third party program for making chapters in slideshow

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
rangacharee

Third party program for making chapters in slideshow

Postby rangacharee » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:32 pm

Hello,
I am a new member, and I must say thank you all for having a site like this one. I don't know if this topic was addressed before, but I would like to know if anyone know of a third party software that would be able to turn a Proshow gold slideshow into chapters. I am a fan of proshow gold and it fits almost all my needs but most people whenever I make a slideshow for them it seems that for one reason or another they want the option to be able to control individual slides. Ulead has that option, cyberlink also has that option and magix does it automatically but I want to stick with Proshow Gold. I would be very grateful if anyone can point me to a simple third party DVD authoring software - nothing extravagant - that will allow me to make the Proshow slides into chapters.

Thanking you in anticipation
:D

Re: Third party program for making chapters in slideshow

Postby nasar » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:19 am

I use the menu option to split my shows into sizeable chunks and the user can select whichever show they are interested in.

Valued Member

Postby rjl2gal3 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:40 pm

Its very simple to do. Once the show is at full screen just click on the pause button on the left side of the screen and than click it again while clicking on the right mouse button and choose NEXT SLIDE. A person can control what they want to see by choosing either PREVIOUS or NEXT. It works for me anyway..

rangacharee

Postby rangacharee » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:57 am

Hello,
Thank you very much for replying and for your helpful hints, unfortunately the problem is when I burn it to DVD, most of the people want the ability to use the remote control while watching the DVD on TV so they can control the slideshow.
Thank you for your reply and help

Postby im42n8 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:55 pm

I doubt that Proshow is going to be putting channel markers capability into the program anytime soon.

So, for long shows, break them up into separate, shorter shows. Otherwise, buy a dvd authoring program such as DVD Encore v2 (later versions are now bundled with Premiere Pro and not available as a stand-alone program any more) or DVD Architect, or the like. With these, you should be able to put points in your show that would let you fast forward to a chapter mark and/or to have it as a main or sub- menu option.

Many of us have a video editor of some time, some of these have a kind of DVD authoring capability (I have DVD Encore CS3) for those times when we want/need this capability. Besides, the video editor is great for other stuff too! Unfortunately it's another investment! Gads, all the extra stuff we get to help / enable us to do some really neat stuff! It all adds up after awhile! :D

Dale

rangacharee

Postby rangacharee » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:21 am

Hello,
Thanks very much for your information, I guess I will have to go for Sony DVD architect or something else in a lower price bracket, Adobe CS3 is out of my range.
Thanks very much for your help :D

Postby PhotoMill » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:50 pm

I have not tried it, but I do know, from reading the program forum, that the chapter option is available and is used often. The third party program which I am thinking of is called "Passage Express" found at www.passageexpress.com

Not sure if this is what you are looking for as it is mainly a program which is geared to work with family tree type of applications.

If it works for you, please let us know.

...Steve
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Canon 50D & 70D, Epson 4990 Scanner, Epson R1800 printer
Lumapix, Paint Shop Pro X6, ProShow Producer 9
Video Studio Pro X5

rangacharee

Postby rangacharee » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:35 am

Hello,
Thanks for the information about passage express but I will use Sony DVD architect ,That did the job.
Personally I would rather do a slideshow without chapters and as little as possible any usage of transitions, but if people want to pay me for making their slideshows with chapters and transitions I would be crazy not to oblige them.
Porshow gold still remains the best slideshow program for me, now if only they would put in the ability to make chapters [b]SIGH... SIGH..

Return to PSG - Third Party Applications