Nero 7

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Bill McMahon

Nero 7

Postby Bill McMahon » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:32 pm

I purchased Nero 7 a while back and installed it on a "ancient" PC (pre-pentium processor, etc.)and I am really not able to use it.

Last week I re-installed this on my 5 year old Dell which is considerably more up to date then my "ancient" PC. I am trying to use Nero Show Time but when I try to open the program I get a "Patent Activation" error. I am still waiting for a reply from NERO........z z z z z z

Any ideas???
Bill

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Nero 7

Postby stickgirl » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:33 pm

A quick search of the Nero website (error message Patent Activation Expired)

"If more than 30 days have elapsed since your initial use of your Nero software, and you have not yet activated the required patent, you will not be able to use certain features. Though you are able to install these software components without any limitation, you must register them within 30 days of your first usage. After the 30 days have expired, you must activate the patent in order to continue to access the respective features."

You may also want to check to see if your "newer" pc can handle the software
http://www.nero.com/enu/support-nero7-s ... ments.html

There seems to be special requirements to use Show Time.

Kathy

Bill McMahon

Re: Nero 7

Postby Bill McMahon » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:14 am

Kathy,
Thanks for the feedback. I think I finally resolved this issue with Nero. Their customer service provided me with a web address from which I was able to download the Nero 7 Suite. They also "reset" my original serial number which I then used to register this download. Pretty neat after all the aggrevation but it seems to be OK now.
Bill

Return to PSG - Third Party Applications