Collag maker

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Honorary ProShow PHD

Collag maker

Postby TinaJ » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:00 pm

I think this has posibilities!

http://www.vincentcheung.ca/shapecollage/

TinaJ
PSG 3, PSP 4, Photoshop CS, Sony Alpha 200,
Grade 2/3 teacher
Somebody's Nanny all the time!

Re: Collag maker

Postby bflobiker » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:30 am

Tina-

Thanks for the link. I downloaded the program last night. Very interesting. I already used the output as the last slide in a show. Works like a charm. Thanks again! :D

Bruce

Postby debngar » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:07 am

I already used the output as the last slide in a show. Works like a charm.

Bruce,

Any chance we get to see a sample of how you used it in your show? You could just upload the last minute of the show or something. :roll:
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Re: Collage maker

Postby bflobiker » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:39 pm

Debbie-

I'm still working on the show. It consists of 170 slides around 7 minutes of an in-car avi of me driving a stock car at the Richard Petty Driving Experience at Las Vegas Speedway this past December. 134mph can sure set your heart racing (no pun intended). Needless to say, I'm a NASCAR fan.

The collage slide is all 170 pictures in a random arrangement as the last slide in the show - sort of a recap of sorts. If you want me to just send you the jpg to see what the output looks like, just email me at bflobiker@hotmail.com. and I'll send it right off to you. :D

Bruce

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:42 am

Bruce, you could upload the picture to your Photodex album site and then provide the link to the picture here in the forum. That way, you won't be annoyed with multiple emails.

Barbara

Postby bflobiker » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:11 am

I uploaded to the Photodex album site under member name bflobiker. I've never used the album site before so thanks for the heads-up on that info. Post a reply as to whether I did it correctly. By the way, how do you post a picture right within this post. I see a number of times Mickey posts pictures right along within a reply.

By the way Barbara, I used to live in Guilderland many years ago.

Bruce :mrgreen:

Postby debngar » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:38 am

Barbara suggested exactly what I was going to say. Uploading a jpg to your album works pretty well or at least has for me in the past.
Debbie

Postby trulytango » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:10 am

Hi Bruce!

Nice collage... I took the liberty of copying the URL so others can go straight to it, but for some reason you need to log into Photodex before it allows you to browse another members photographs :?

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewfile.html?fl=3073295&alb=0

Looks like you enjoy adventure!

TTFN
Iris

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:57 am

Bruce, that little program obviously works very well, and I noticed that you can supposedly fit them into any shape of your choosing. Not a bad little widget at all.

I used to live in Guilderland too. And pretty much everywhere else in the Capital District. That was in my wandering days many, many moons ago.

Barbara

Re: Collage maker

Postby debngar » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:35 pm

Thanks for letting us see that. Any chance you're going to put them into a shape of a car or something?
Debbie

Postby floridabob » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:35 pm

Just a heads up. I've downloaded the program but I get an error message "Could not create a Java Virtual Machine." For some reason or other there is an internal conflict on my Vista machine although I have the latest version of Java 6.11 installed. I'm working with Vincent Cheung, the author of the program, to find out how to correct the problem. Has anyone else been troubled by this?
Floridabob

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby TinaJ » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:05 pm

I got an error message when I first tried to use the program, but once I uninstalled both this one and the wondershare collage program, rebooted and reinstalled this one, its been smooth sailing.
TinaJ
PSG 3, PSP 4, Photoshop CS, Sony Alpha 200,
Grade 2/3 teacher
Somebody's Nanny all the time!

Re: Collag maker and Vista

Postby texan » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:21 pm

As usual; I had the same trouble with vista........I just moved over to one of my XP machines.........

Just an aside.........I have never (Nor has Photodex) been able to run PSP on my HP Vista machine.

Photodex and I tried for weeks; and I finally just gave up.............
Texan

Postby bigsewed » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:34 pm

I have Vista HP...
No issues with the program...
Wes

Postby bflobiker » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:39 pm

I've gotten that Java error message also using Vista. I've just re-started the program a second time and all has been well.

If you find out what the problem is from the program's author I'd appreciate it if you would post a reply on this thread. I tried a car shaped image but it wasn't too successful. :(

Is there a way to share an album without having to log in on Photodex's site? Did I upload it properly or do I need to do something else to be able to share the image without having someone log in :?:

Bruce

Return to PSG - Third Party Applications