Theater Marquee

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Theater Marquee

Postby miracle617 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:01 pm

Does anybody have the directions for using Marquee??? I havent used it in years--just thought I would try my hand at it.
Looks like if I knew anything about masking, I could make it work
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Re: Theater Marquee

Postby bonalymac » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:20 pm

Not sure if this applies in Gold as this is for producer, but here's the txt file that came with the it.

Haven't checked recently if this works, but the file is as downloaded by whoever submitted the effect

HOW TO BUILD MARQUEE INTRO SHOWS FOR PROSHOW PRODUCER

The set of files included in this package are specifically tailored for building the Crawling Marquee for ProShow Producer.

Place all the zipped files in the same folder. I suggest you make a new folder somewhere on your hard drive named Marquee Show Opener.

The first step is to build the Marquee mask. This is done by launching (double clicking) on the file Marquee.exe. To use this little program, simply type in the text you want to have crawl on your marquee (it is case insensitive and all alpha characters will be made upper case) then press the Build Marquee BMPs button. Depending on the length of your text, Marquee.exe will build several hundred BMPs which are used to make the AVI. You need not do anything with these since Marquee.exe will clean them off you hard drive when it builds the AVI file or when it is closed.

You will see a display of the crawling text mask as the BMPs are being built.

When the BMP build is finished, Press the Build AVI Mask button. This will display the standard Window Save dialog box. Here you can name your crawling text AVI just as you would when saving any other file. Be patient while the AVI file builds. Depending on the speed of your computer, this could take up to a couple minutes.

When the AVI build is finished, you can open ProShow Producer; then load the show:

MarqueeForProducer.psh

Open Slide Options for the 3rd slide and select your AVI file to replace the AVIPlaceHolder.bmp layer. Make sure that this layer is checked as a mask (Intensity). As a mask, this will allow you to easily change the color of the crawling lights to anything you want simply by changing the color of the masked color layer.

Producer will set the slide length to match your AVI length minus the 2 seconds for the final fade to black transition. I find that lengthening the slide by another 4 to 6 seconds makes for a nice fade out as the crawl begins a second play. Be sure the "Loop video until end of slide" box is checked.

If the location of the AVI layer should get inadvertently changed, the correct coordinates for the AVI layer are:

Start & Stop: X = -0.3; Y = -11.8
Colin

Re: Theater Marquee

Postby miracle617 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:42 am

Thanks a lot Colin---this is what I was looking for..
Mike
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Return to PSG - Third Party Applications